Going to and outdoor music festival is a great summer activity. What’s better than watching your favorite artist perform under the summer sun with your closest friends? Here are some concerts for those of us who want to stay in Georgia and those who want to take a summer road trip. It’s best to start planning now!
1. Vans Warped Tour: The Vans Warped Tour will be rolling into Atlanta this year on July 24th! The annual tour is at Aaron’s Amphitheatere where different stages are set up in many areas so bands can play at once. There was even up to 100 bands one year! During this all-day event you can spend the day visiting different stages to see your favorite bands or even discover some new ones. This tour is full of rock variety with bands range from alternative, acoustic, pop, hardcore, metal, and hip hop.
2. Bonnaroo: For those of you willing to take a little road trip, Bonnaroo is held in Manchester, Tennessee June 12th-15th. This music festival turns into it’s own mini city equipped with multiple stages, camping area, general store, food truck oasis, and much more! Your group can choose to stay at a hotel or fully participate in the fun by camping out in general admission or VIP. The lineup this year is huge, as usual, and very diverse. Performers include: Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West, Elton John, Arctic Monkeys, Lauryn Hill, Vampire Weekend, Lionel Richie, and Frank Ocean.
3. Wakarusa: For this one, you can decide to take a road trip or maybe even fly. Wakarusa is scheduled for June 5th-8th at Mullberry Mountain in Ozark, Arkansas. You can choose between staying at a hotel or staying on the grounds in a tent or an RV. This four-day experience has over 150 acts on 6 different stages. This festival is promoted to be a peaceful experience for music lovers to not only enjoy the music but enjoy the nature surrounding them.
4. Electric Forest: This concert is filled with lights and good music. This one may be a little ways away but it is certainly worth the trip. Electric Forest is held in Rothbury, Michigan June 26th-29th. Here, concert goers enjoy a sea of lights as they watch their favorite artists perform. You can choose to rent a tent in different locations of the grounds: general admission, or the village. You can also choose to stay in cabins known as The Back 40 or the Frontier. Take an RV or stay in a nearby hotel! The line up features Lauryn Hill, Cash Cash, The Dirty Birds and many more!
5. Coachella: One of the most popular outdoor music festivals to date. This concert is divided into two weekends. Weekend one is April 11th-13th and weekend two is April 18th-20th. This annual event is held in Coachella, California so you would definitely want to take an airplane to this! You can choose to camp out or stay in a nearby hotel (RV and moterhome parking are not available, sorry). This year, concert goers can see ASAP Ferg, Beck, OutKast, Chance The Rapper, Ellie Goulding and many more in this diverse lineup.
You can select any of these listed music festivals, depending on your budget. Pick one and be sure to have a great time this summer! Remember, when at these outdoor events don’t forget sunscreen, plenty of water, and prepare yourself for good music and plenty of fun!