The Do’s and Don’ts of Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s homecoming week and while we know you do want it to be epic, we don’t want you to forget life continues next Monday morning. In an effort to make this week as memorable as possible check out these homecoming do’s and don’ts!

Do check your bank account.

If your funds aren’t matching your itinerary, turn up at home. You never want to be that one friend that gets to the front of the line and can’t afford to get in because you didn’t anticipate Homecoming prices. You knew this week was upon us. 

Don’t skip the line.

Those sides eyes are not those of envious girls. You know who you are. You step out the car, take a look at the long line and then skim to the front until you spot the boy that sits four rows down from you in your speech class that you’ve never said two words to. But tonight…tonight he’s your new best friend. Yes, you

Do take pictures. 

Who doesn’t love a good memory? Homecoming makes for some of the best ones. While you do need to take plenty of pictures, just don’t drown your timeline.

Don’t drink and drive.

Safety first. Decide before you leave who is going to be the designated driver and make sure they know what that means. If that conflicts with anyone’s turn up for the night then give the Tipsy Transit a call at 229-324-1448.

Do use the buddy system.

Ladies know this all too well. You know…that one guy that won’t take no for an answer so you pretend to be in an intense convo with your friend and ignore his gestures, but that doesn’t work so you’re left having to make excuses. 

Don’t embarrass yourself.

It’s all fun and games until you find a picture of yourself slumped on Twitter the next morning. Know your limit and if you don’t, know who your real friends are. 

Do TURN UP!

Its homecoming people and this by far is the most important advice! 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.