This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

If you love alternative R&B with a hint of electronic, Little Dragon is the band for you! Little Dragon was formed in 1996 when Yukimi Nagano, Fredrik Wallin, and Erik Bodin would meet up after school to listen to their favorite albums together. They introduced their fourth bandmate, Arlid Werling, in 2011. The name Little Dragon is derived from Yukimi throwing tantrums in the studio while recording!

It’s quite difficult to put Little Dragon in a particular category, because their music is so different! Yukimi’s voice is like butter, and the instrumentation of their music gives off a chill vibe. Their music has to be some of the most influential artwork of our time. The usage of imagery in their lyrics really makes you think about what they have to say. Upon first glance of Little Dragon, you wouldn’t imagine they look the way they do, because their sound is so powerful!

Not only is their music incredibly complex, their music videos follow in the same footsteps. One of their most famous videos was directed by award-winning Swedish filmmaker Johannes Nyholm. The song is called “Twice” and it is definitely worth the watch and isten!

Their most recent album is entitled Nabuma Rubberband, which was nominated for Best Electronic/ Dance album at the Grammy’s! This album came out on May 9, 2014, it features collaborations with Dave from De La Soul and Robin Hannibal. 

If you’re intrigued at this point, make sure you check Little Dragon, and who knows, you might even have a new favorite band!

HCXO!

Ora Lewis

Valdosta

My name is Ora Lewis. I attend Valdosta State University, where I study Public Relations. I enjoy all things fashion and beauty. I love meeting new people and traveling!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.