Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dining 101: Choosing The Best Meal Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

College can be STRESSFUL. We grow up so fast, learning how to pay our own way for everything! We have to learn how to manage our money, clothes, school, and also not forget to eat! Below are some quick tips and tricks to help you manage your meals, Blazer Bucks, and all of that! 

Meal Plans 

So generally, we all get a meal plan as a first year, but what they DON’T tell you is that if you don’t eat your meals within the week, they don’t roll over. 

10 Meals: If you’re someone who’s constantly on the move, doesn’t have time to sit and really eat their meals, and picky when it comes to food, this is your best option! You’ll get less meals but more Blazer Bucks! That way, you can use the bucks to grab and go with an item and store it in your backpack or room for later. 

14 Meals: This is for you if you’re someone who likes eating in the dining halls but also likes picking up food from time to time. Basically, if you can’t decide whether to go unlimited or to go with the least meals, pick 14 meals! 

Unlimited Meals: Get this plan only if you have the time to enjoy a sit down buffet setting rather than just something on the go! 

Managing Your Blazer BucksHaving Blazer Bucks can be the best, yet the worst at the same time. It’s a food debit card, which is great, but it will also deplete fast. So below are some tips to help you stay on top of your Blazer Bucks (and also just some food tips on campus in general)!

Dining HallsIf you have no meal plan and only Blazer Bucks to spare, I suggest going during lunch rather than dinner. Lunch is typically cheaper than dinner!

Tapingo!Tapingo saves you money and also saves you time! Ordering your food on this app makes the food cheaper than what it would have been in person and plus, you’ll pick up your food instead of waiting in those lines! 

Don’t Be Single!What I mean by this is, don’t order your meal as separate items! Getting a meal is MUCH CHEAPER than buying each item separately! Don’t you want to save those bucks?! 

Know What’s Cheap And Expensive(from cheap-expensive)

Chick-Fil-A (SU or UC) 

Starbucks (SU) 

Chef’s Grill (UC)

Baja Flats (UC) 

Einstein Bro’s (inside Education Building) 

Nathan’s (SU)

Pinkberry (By Palms) 

Papa John’s (By Palms) 

Moe’s (By Palms) 

So be smart, save those bucks and you can eat just as good and just as much! Happy eating! 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.