element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dating: Newbies, Comfortable, & Practically Married

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It doesn’t matter what stage of dating you are in with your significant other, the longing for adorable dates never seems to go away. While the nature of dates may evolve as a relationship does, there is still that want for some special one on one time.

Newbies

What more is there to expect when dating someone new other than a date involving food? Sure there are a thousand spin-offs as to how this can be done, but odds are there will be food of some sort. This isn’t a bad thing! It seems as though giving ourselves something to do (eat) while trying to figure each other out is a good thing. The pressure tends to lessen and allow the couple to simply enjoy! It can be coffee, dinner, or ice cream, but nonetheless, delicious! While food does seem to be the star of the show when it comes to first dates, there is so much more out there! Instead of doing something so expected, switch it up a bit. It could be Paint ‘n’ Sip, fondue, or a challenging dinner made together at home. Now is the time to make your mark and keep it memorable.

Comfortable

Movies and dinner are so played out. It’s time to get creative to keep the flame going! Find a way to project a favorite movie in a sweet spot outside. It would be like a mini getaway, complete with cozy pillows and blankets under the stars. Get out and about! Find somewhere near that has strawberry picking or pumpkin, anything depending on the season. This gives you a chance to do something different together, and get home with a fun treat! Explore. Go anywhere, as long as you are with one another. Take a spontaneous trip nearby, or just get in the car (or take a walk) to see where you end up. No matter how the night ends, it will be fun because it was spent together.

Practically Married

At this point, the line between date and everyday life becomes extremely blurred. Going out for dinner, is it a date? Or is it just two people getting food? This is natural for people who have been dating for a long time, and there’s a certain beauty in it. Those who are spending their time with the right person truly will feel like every dinner or movie alone is a date, even if it isn’t one of those “cute” ones. Yes, even a midnight Taco Bell run can turn into a date. However, it is important to spice up the dating life! While every bit of time spent together is a blast, and the little moments still feel like big ones, it’s a must to have a little extra fun. Surprise your other half with a homemade dinner with every last detail taken care of. Don’t skimp on the cheesy things either, use candles, tablecloth, the whole nine yards. Being with someone for a long time means countless shared dinners, but this one would take the cake. This is the stage where knowing your person is what makes the best date, it’s all about the thought. 

Dating is all fun and games, keep it that way!

HCXO!

Alex is an easy going and bubbly person who has a passion for all things creative. She is pursuing a degree in Psychology at Valdosta State University and loving her experiences along the way. Instagram & Twitter: alex_gmann
Her Campus at Valdosta State.