This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s that time of year again, and Valdosta has taken advantage of the season. Though it was unexpected, Valdosta has been swept up by the cold front and we’re just trying to stay warm.  With fall upon us now is the time for hot cocoa, sweaters, boots, soups, and CHILI! Chili can be a year-round dish, but nothing is better than snuggling up under a blanket, watching a nice movie, and munching on a bowl of hot and spicy chili. This recipe calls for a slowcooker, so it can easily cook while you’re in class. If you don’t have one, you can use a regular pot and just up the heat! Below is an easy and college-friendly dish that will become a staple recipe for your holiday season.

Ingredients: 

steak

1 can tomato sauce

kidney Beans

chopped garlic

diced onions

diced tomatoes

salt & pepper

cayenne pepper

*rice

*jalapenos

Steps: 

1. Season meat with salt & pepper before transferring steak to crock pot/deep pot.

2. While meat is heating, add chopped garlic, diced onions, and any other ingredients you would like to add at this time.

3. Mix in can of tomato sauce, kidney beans, diced tomatoes. Add cayenne pepper as well.

4. Set heat to MED and  let cook for 2-3 hours. 

*Optional: Pour stew over rice and add jalapenos for some extra heat!

HCXO!

Erin Turner is originally from Los Angeles, California. She attends Valdosta State University as an english/journalism major. Her dream is to become an editor for a hip hop magazine. She enjoys listening to jazz and rap, reading magazines, and being around family. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: wsstco
Her Campus at Valdosta State.