Campus Cutie Shaquille Duncan ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.
Meet Shaquille Duncan, but most people may know him by Shaq. He’s the tall guy with dreads or the I.T. guy in the library. He’s funny and if you haven’t gotten the chance to meet him well here’s a sneak peek. 

Name: Shaquille Duncan
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Age: 22
Major: History
Minor: Sociology 
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Relationship Status: Single
HC: So, what made you choose Valdosta State? 
SD: Well, school is very expensive, and out of all of my choices, VSU was one of the least expensive schools to attend. So, the cost, the distance from home, and how nice the campus was played a huge role in my decision to attend VSU.
HC: Yeah, that is definitely understandable! Are you involved in any organizations on campus?
SD: Currently, I am a member of Enactus and I serve on the executive board as secretary for CMVSU. 
HC: Oh wow that’s really awesome. What made you choose History as your major?
SD: I chose to major in History because it has always been something I’ve been passionate about throughout my education. Also, history is important in every field and teaches you key skills that are essential to every career field. 
HC: What do you like to do in your free time?
SD: In my free time, I play basketball, video games, dance, and crack jokes. At the end of the day I just like to have fun.
HC: Okay, now for the good stuff. What do you look for in a girl? 
SD: I’m fairly simple when it comes to this. If you’re goofy, not afraid of being yourself, educated, and accepting of who I am, why wouldn’t I be attracted to you.
HC: I like that. In your opinion what would you consider to be the “perfect” date? 
SD: Personally, I don’t think you can put the “perfect” date into just one scenario. I think, as long as you two are laughing, enjoying each other’s company, trying something new, and actually engaging in thoughtful communication then there’s no limits to how great your date can turn out. 
HC: So, do you have any deal breakers/ turn offs? 
SD: Well, it’s really hard for me to find interest in someone who lacks a sense of self-direction or self-motivation. With that being said, I also think it’s important to give back and anyone who lacks those characteristics are a major turn off for me.
HC: If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be and why? 
SD: I would say a shark, because I’ve always wanted to explore the depths of the ocean, and as a shark it would be one of the safest ways to do that. 
HC: Okay, that’s different. Do you have a celebrity crush or crushes?
SD: Kelly Rowland is my biggest crush, and second is Sofia Vergara.
HC: Okay, if you could only eat one food item for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
SD: I would have to say nachos, you can do a lot with nachos and it helps that I love Mexican food. 

Keep getting to know Shaq by following his social media pages. Twitter: @Kadoosh_ and Instagram: @_Kadoosh

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.