Campus Cutie Shalyn Washington ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Shay!!! She’s quite a beauty, I must say. And not only does she have the looks, but she’s also got the brains to go along with them! You may have seen this pretty girl around campus or in attendance at one of the many VSU events around campus. Shalyn is very outgoing, fun, and light-hearted and is also one of my good friends. There is no question as to why she is one of Valdosta’s Campus Cuties!

Name: Shalyn Washington

Class: Sophomore

Major: Business Management

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Cancer

Why did you decide to come to VSU?

I decided to come to Valdosta State because of the wonderful environment and great weather. The campus is absolutely beautiful here.

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I plan to move back to Atlanta and start my master’s program.

What do you like to do in your free time?

In my free time, I like to shop (of course), watch movies, and hang out with friends. Most importantly, I plan out my future endeavors. I list out my different goals and aspirations.

What do you look for in a guy?

Of course I look for the good looks and nice height, but I also look for someone who has plans for their future and they are making advances towards achieving those goals, someone who is ambitious and has determination. I also look for someone who has a great personality, fun to be around, has a sense of humor, and someone who I can hold a conversation with easily. Most importantly, it is a must that he has faith in God.

What’s the first thing you notice about a guy?

His cologne.

If someone were meeting you for the first time, what would they think of you?

They would think I am a very goofy person. I am always laughing or making a joke. Also, they would see that I’m a real cool person and I make friends quite easily, even though my facial expressions say otherwise so I’ve been told.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

In ten years, I hope to be married with children. Also, I hope to be well in my career and financially stable and happy.

What’s something you can’t leave your house without?

My phone, chapstick, and my gum. I MUST always have some gum with me. 

Hi! I'm Elena! I'm a junior at Valdosta State University from Carrollton, GA. I'm a Business Management and Marketing major with a minor in Spanish. I love fashion and beauty and am intrigued by naturally curly hair. #CurlyHairedGirlsRunTheWorld IG: @elenaChantel_ Twitter: @elenaChantel_ Tumblr: elenaChantel.tumblr.com
Her Campus at Valdosta State.