Campus Cutie Marissa Daniels ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet Marissa Daniels! She’s a fun loving upbeat girl, who loves to share her positive energy with those around her! She is very hardworking and is involved in numerous ways on campus. You can catch her singing at an event, hosting, or you can turn up V96 on the radio to hear her working. Here’s your chance to get to know a little bit more about Marissa as this week’s Campus Cutie.

Full Name: Marissa Daniels

Hometown: Snellville, GA

Classification: Junior

Zodiac Sign: Libra

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Mass Media, Speech Communications (Minor)

HC: What made you decide to attend VSU?

Marissa: Well first, I came on a college tour and immediately fell in love with the front lawn. I felt like it was a good choice because 1. It wasn’t too close to home (Atlanta) and 2. It was close enough to Florida, so I could go to the beach.

HC: In what ways are you involved on campus?

Marissa: I’m involved in 3 organizations on campus; Media Arts Geniuses as a performer and mentor, VSU Mass Choir as Historian/Librarian, and a new organization called TheKixArtCircle where I hold the positon of Secretary. I also host various events from time to time.

HC: I’ve heard you on V96 a couple of times! Tell us about your involvement with the radio station.

Marissa: Since I loved the time that I was an intern there, I am now an employee. I learned a lot from Shai, Be’be’, and Klarc Shepard as they taught me different things about the radio industry, being that in the near future I want to be a radio personality. It was weird hearing my voice on the radio every Saturday for the Trap Star Entertainment Report! I feel like whether you’re getting paid or not, an internship is a good place to start!

HC: That is so amazing, congratulations! As far as personality goes, how would you describe yours?

Marissa: [Laughs] My personality is pretty outgoing if I do say so myself! I tend to be laid back and to myself, unless I know you well. So if you see me on campus don’t be hesitant to say hey!

HC: As far as guys go, what are some turn-ons? And also, turn-offs?

Marissa: Lawd, [Laughs] let me start with my turn-off: Clinginess. Please just give me some space! No, but for real there’s a difference between being persistent and being clingy. My turn-ons: A guy who keeps himself up. I love a guy in a suit, pretty smile, spontaneous, smart, and just an overall cool guy. Most of all, a guy who loves the Lord like I do can definitely steal my heart!

HC: What is your idea of a perfect date?

Marissa: For me it would be a shopping date at the mall where I spoil him and he spoils me. Then we’d go out to eat downtown, and take a nice stroll afterwards talking about our dreams and aspirations.

HC: Where do you hope to see yourself in the next 5 years?

Marissa: In 5 years I’ll be 25. So God willing, I will be a successful radio personality living in Atlanta with a supportive boyfriend by my side.

HC: What do you do in your spare time when you don’t have to be at the radio station or running around campus?

Marissa: I’m glad you said that because my initial answer would have been asleep [laughs], but when I don’t have anything on my agenda for the week I work on my web series on Youtube or catch up on my reality shows. I love Braxton Family Values and Love & Hip-Hop Hollywood. I also try to practice playing the piano and perfect my craft of singing. I do hair on the side too!

HC: Is there anything else that you would like your peers to know about you?

Marissa: Pretty much I’m a cool laid back type of girl, easy to get along with, and fun to hang around!

See what Marissa is up to on these social media sites:

Instagram: @xobeautywithin

Twitter: @xobeautywithin_

Youtube: Marissa Daniels/xobeautywithin

Facebook: Marissa Daniels 

HCXO!

My name is Marlaina Williams, but everyone who knows me calls me Marlie! I was born in Queens, NY, but Lithonia, GA is what I call home. Since being at Valdosta State University, I have majored in Mass Media. During my Junior year, I picked up a minor in African American studies and I haven't looked back since.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.