Campus Cutie Derick Tre’ Battle ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Tre’ is a Freshman here at VSU with dreams on finishing his Engineering degree at Georgia Tech! He’s a soft-spoken, and very kind gentleman. If you haven’t gotten the chance to meet Tre’, here it is!

Name: Tre’ Battle 

Hometown: McDonough, Ga 

Classification: Freshman 

Zodiac Sign: Aries 

Relationship Status: Taken 

Major: Mechanical/ Architectural Engineering 

HC: What made you choose VSU?

Tre’:  I chose Valdosta because it was close to home and for the REGENTS program, which will help me get into Georgia Tech. like the campus a lot, and I like the “Florida-feel” it has to it with all of the palm trees.  

HC: What do you think of VSU so far?

Tre’: I love Valdosta, and the people here because everyone is no nice and welcoming even if they’ve never met you.  

HC: What do you want to do with your major, and why? 

Tre’: Being an architect has been my dream career ever since I can remember and that’s what I intend on being. I’m still deciding between an architect or some kind of mechanical engineer, but definitely one of the two.  

HC: How would you describe yourself? 

Tre’: Everyone that knows me would say that I am calm and relaxed, and I usually stick to myself. I’m pretty smart, and funny, and definitely family oriented. 

HC: What are your favorite things to do? 

Tre’: I love to fish, and the water in general; whether I’m in the middle of the ocean or at the backyard pond. I love to play basketball, and anything involving my family and girlfriend.  

HC: What are you passionate about? 

Tre’:Being successful in whatever I do. 

HC: How do you like to spend your spare time? 

Tre’: Chilling with my family and my girlfriend on the couch, watching movies.  

HC: What’s your dream date?

Tre’:  Anything that involves being on the beach!

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

Tre’:  I love a girl who is smart, funny, super cute, all the qualities of my girlfriend, Moya.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush? 

Tre’: Angelina Jolie 

HC: What are three material items you can’t live without? 

Tre’: My Jeep, my phone, Flyknit Racers!

Now that you have gotten to know a little bit more about Tre’ feel free to follow him on Twitter or Instagram @derick_battle!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk