Campus Cutie Danielle Jarnagin ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Meet this cutie with a love for cross country, Coca-Cola, and cats! Danielle can be found being her bright and bubbly self on any given day, rain or shine, pouring out love and kindess to everyone around her. How could you not want to scroll down to learn more about how awesome she is?

Name: Danielle Nicole Jarnagin

Nickname: Dani

Major/Minor: Marketing/French

Hometown: Lilburn, GA

Classification: Senior (December 2015 #VStateGrad! Go Dani!)

On Campus Involvement: VSU Women’s Cross Country Team & Catholics on Campus

Relationship Status: Frank Amoroso – “He’s inspiring and hilarious!”

Dog or Cat Person? “Hands down a cat person. I’m instantly terrified every time a dog barks.”

HC: Hey Dani! Let’s kick off this interview with a fun question – take the letter W and tell us three words that start with that letter that describe you!

Dani: W it is! Whale because I get really excited about every sea creature that exists. The ocean also makes me really happy! Wiggly because I can get so excited about things and kind of do little dances when I talk. Wrap because I really like gyro wraps and I wrap up sandwiches a lot because I have to pack my lunch. I jump from place to place all day so a packed lunch is essential. I also love to wrap up in blankets!

HC: We feel like we know you so much already! Tell us a few other things that you enjoy doing.

Dani: I love to take pictures. My favorite aspect of photography is capturing a moment that someone else had no way of capturing, and being able to share the photo with them. It’s like giving someone the perfect gift – it’s rare, it’s personal, and best of all, it’s free. [smiles] I love to read, but I have a dirty habit of only finishing half of the book…you know how busy school is! More than that I love to write. I also enjoy running, petting random cats, bringing people to Fabulous Pizza, talking to people I love, and making people smile!

HC: Wow! You certainly keep yourself busy outside of school! In regards to school, what about VSU attracted you to coming here?

Dani: When I was looking at schools during my senior year of high school I noticed that most schools in Georgia had Marketing programs. It wasn’t until I visited Valdosta that my heart was stolen, and [I became] set on attending school in [this] sunny little town. The cross country coach, Todd Smoot, was one of the most encouraging, genuine, and unique people I had ever met. I knew that running for him would make me faster and stronger in all areas of my life. During my official visit, the weather was beautiful, the people around town were friendly and happy, and I was sold.

HC: Marketing must be a popular major if most schools in Georgia offer it. What do you want to do with your degree once you graduate?

Dani: Flexibility was a huge factor in choosing to study marketing. So to start off, I would like to go into sales. I enjoy the challenge and I love interacting with people. Later down the line I would like to have my own, low-key, business. I think it would be a lot of fun to help local businesses manage their brands.

HC: That sounds like a great way to make an impact on different local communities. Taking a turn back to your personal life, tell us what the average Saturday night adventures of Dani Jarnagin entail.

Dani: My Saturdays are always different! Sometimes I’m in a van, coming home from a track meet. Other times I’m working at the Salty Snapper. I might be babysitting. Sometimes Frank and I have romantic dinner dates in the food court [at the Valdosta Mall] during his break. Other nights I grab a bite to eat with friends, and if it’s after 12, you’re much more likely to find me watching SNL with Frank than you are to find me in Remerton.

HC: Speaking of Frank, you two are so cute together! When you met him, what were the top three traits that you were looking for that attracted you to him?

Dani: They can be summarized with questions! Does he stand out? There has to be something really different about a guy, otherwise, no matter how good-looking he is, I won’t be attracted to him. It’s fun to be around people who encourage you to look at the world in a different light. Is he honest? It’s so attractive to hear a man hold his ground no matter who he is talking to. I love consistency and no-nonsense. Will he go to church with me? If you can hold my hand in Mass, we’re good to go! Even though I’m an avid Catholic, I believe that all religions are substantial because they give people different ways to communicate with God. If a man is passionate about God, it tells me a lot about where his heart is.

HC: What would your “perfect” date include?

Dani: It would involve pizza, Coca-Cola, a beach, an adorable stray kitten (because who better to crash a date?), really nice passerbys to snap a few pictures, and Frank Amoroso. [smiles]

HC: We have to ask…what is your favorite pick-up line Dani?

Dani: Is it bad I don’t know any pick-up lines? [Hey!] That could be one right?

How sweet! Catch up with this bright spirit on her Instagram at @danij376 or even add her on Facebook because Dani loves making new friends!

HCXO!

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.