This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

This week’s campus cutie spends most of her time getting to the money, but our favorite thing about her is her passion for equality. Meet Amanda Spell!

Name: Amanda Spell

Hometown: Quitman, Georgia

Classification: Senior

Major: History

Relationship Status: In a relationship

HC: How does it feel to be considered a campus cutie?

AS: It’s so nice! I love that HC is recognizing girls on campus. There has to be so many great people out there that we don’t know and I’m really geeking out about being chosen!

HC: Why did you choose VSU?

AS: Being that I’m from a small town near Valdosta, I chose VSU because it felt like home and that eliminated a lot of challenges for me. I was near my family and friends so I had support 24/7.

HC: What are your plans after you graduate?

AS: I’m planning to dive right into my master’s program, but hopefully be able to complete that as I work a job in my field. I’d love to get into higher education, but I’m also considering teaching at a high school level.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time? 

AS: Honestly, I don’t get much free time! I work full time so between that and school most of my time is spent doing homework.  When I do get those free days you can probably find me shopping or taking a spur of the moment day trip somewhere.

HC: What’s something you’re really passionate about?

AS: Equality. As a history major, I’m pretty educated on the past and so much has happened that I feel like we should live in a better world. There’s been so many disheartening events taking place in the world recently that I wish I had the time and resources to be able to fight for the rights of those who are still being systematically oppressed like women, African Americans, the LGBTQ community, etc.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?

AS:  I look for someone who can support my education and success. I also look for someone who has ideas and opinions that we can discuss intellectually. I feel as if the person I’m with isn’t helping me grow and develop as an individual in some way, then the relationship is not very valuable.

HC: Describe yourself in three words. Kind, motivated, and BUSY!

AS: Kind, motivated, and BUSY!

HC: What’s your biggest turn-off? 

AS:  Bad attitudes!!

HC: Describe your perfect date. 

AS: So, I’m just going to be honest and say that if we’re going to dinner and you can make me laugh I’d be the happiest girl in the world.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

AS:  MUVA Amber Rose! Omg if I had the confidence she had I’d be unstoppable. She’s a beautiful woman but also such a powerful icon for modern feminism. She’s really one of those celebrities that uses their platform for something positive and I respect that very much. #WCW.

HC: What do you consider most important in a relationship?

AS: Mutual respect, support and understanding, and compromise!

HC: What are three things you can’t imagine life without?

AS: My cell phone, cereal (Cocoa Pebbles at that), and music!

HC: What motivates you? 

AS:  I’m most motivated by the fact that I have so much in a world that has so little. Currently, there are #62milliongirls across the world who don’t have access to education.  When I don’t want to go to class or I’m complaining about how much school costs, I always think that there’s someone out there wishing they had what I have. Also, by educating myself I feel like I can become a role model for young women and be an implement for the improvement of others.

HC: What’s some good relationship advice? 

AS: Umm..That’s tough! I guess no matter what situation you’re in, make sure that the person you’re with inspires you and helps you be a better you.  If the person you are interested in or dating isn’t on board with you becoming the best person you can be, DROP IT ASAP. There really is no time to waste with people who bring you down (that goes for friendships also).

HC: Give us one fun fact!

AS:  I LOVE makeup. I watch Instagram videos of makeup tutorials all the time and secretly wish I was a beauty blogger.

Next time you see Amanda on campus say hey or catch keep up with her on Instagram: @amandaspell 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.