Campus Celebrity Roderick Stillwell ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You’ve probably been living under a rock if you haven’t heard about this hilariously outspoken and energetic cinematographer! Between being a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and the Media Arts Geniuses (MAG), this celebrity is all over VSU’s campus. Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Roderick Stillwell!

Name: Roderick Stillwell

Hometown: Decatur

Age: 21

Classification: Junior

Major: Mass Media

HC: Why did you choose VSU?  

RS: I chose VSU because it was not too far away from home, but also not too close to home. The school is a perfect distance to go home when I want, but far enough to where no one can just come pop up on me.

HC: What do you plan to do with your major?

RS: I plan on becoming a post-production editor for anything from music videos to commercials, and even movies.

HC:  What do you like to do in your spare time?

RS: In the little spare time that I get, I like to party, play video games, and watch anime.

HC: Who/what inspires you the most?

RS: What inspires me the most is all the great I see people around me do. When I see others create things that are great, it makes me want to create something even better.

HC: What organizations are you involved in and what made you want to join them?

RS: The first organization I joined was Media Arts Geniuses, and I honestly did not know what I was getting myself into when I joined. What I did know is that I wanted to show my skills, and I have done so since I have joined. My newest membership is in Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated. I joined Sigma because the principles, motto, and ideals that it was founded upon are me, if that makes sense.  

HC: What is the biggest misconception about you?

RS: The biggest misconception about me is that I’m mean or introverted. I’m just socially awkward, that’s all.

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

RS: In five years, I honestly see myself owning a print shop, selling graphic designs, and continuing to be a free-lance cinematographer.

HC: What advice do you have for someone following in your footsteps?

RS: For anyone who does the crafts I do need to know two things. For one, never give up or stop what you’re doing. Secondly, never let someone tell you that what you do is not a talent, nor talk down on it, compared to anything else.

Make sure you say hey to this celebrity next time you see him on campus! HCxo!

My name is Sameena! I am a criminal justice major at Valdosta State University!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.