Campus Celebrity Melvin Lowe III ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity, Melvin Lowe, is constantly on the move around campus. From being a part of the Kool Kappa Delta chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. to  managing the VSU women’s basketball team. Keep reading to get to know him a little more.

Name: Melvin Lowe III

Hometown: Bridgeport, Connecticut

Classification: Junior

Major: Psychology

Minor: African American Studies and Entrepreneurship

Age: 20

HC: So Melvin, why Valdosta State?

ML: They had a good psychology program, and they were one of the only schools that stuck with their recruiting.

HC: What all are you involved in on campus?

ML: I am a man of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Collegiate Men of VSU, on the executive board of the NPHC, and I am also the manager of the women’s basketball team.

HC: What is one of your greatest accomplishments you have achieved being in college?

ML: Being able to create my future every day.

HC: Do you have any hobbies?

ML: I like listening to music, reading things that are relevant to my life, and playing basketball.

HC: Okay cool. Is there a quote that you live by?

ML: “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” – Muhammad Ali

HC: Do you have any celebrity crushes?

ML: Meagan Tandy, Felicia Owens, Tinashe, and Paige Heard

HC: If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be?

ML: Young Jedi Prince

HC: What is your dream career?

ML: I would like to own my own NBA basketball team.

HC: What are three things you absolutely cannot live without?

ML: God, Family, and Food.

HC: If you could have one super power what would it be and why?

ML: I’m not sure, but I want to be like the Hulk or Wolverine.

Get to know him a little more by following him on Twitter @KingMelIII and on Instagram @fifthnblu.

HCXO!

Hillary Griffin is a Business Marketing major and Advertising and Promotions minor at Valdosta State University. She is a 4'11, natural haired girl with a love for all things makeup. Experiencing life the right way is her main goal in life.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.