Campus Celebrity D’Yasmine Richards ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You’ve probably seen this bubbly personality walking around or working hard on campus. Everyone knows her for her infectious smile, but if you haven’t yet, meet Ms. D’Yasmine Richards.

Name: D’Yasmine Nashae Richards

Major: Communications

Hometown: Cartersville, Ga.

Age: 21

HC: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

DR: I’m the President of Habitat for Humanity, a member of Sigma Alpha Pi National Honors Society of Leadership and Success, and Enactus.

HC: How do you stay organized with everything you’re involved in?

DR: I make a to do lists every week. They get really long, but it helps me keep track of everything on my plate.

HC: What made you interested in joining these organizations?

DR: I’m very passionate about helping others. I worked for Habitat back home and I was always interested in what it took to build homes for families in need.

HC: What other things are you passionate about?

DR: God is number one in my life. I’m a simple person; I’m all about my family and friends. I love to see my friends progress. They are all doing well and it genuinely makes me happy. If I can at least give someone an encouraging word to motivate them I don’t mind being that push.

HC: Who inspires you?

DR: My mom is my biggest inspiration. She dropped out of college to raise me, and though she didn’t finish, she worked her way up to the position she wanted. If she can do it, I know that I can too.

HC: Could you offer any advice to students who admire what you’ve done?

DR: I would tell any student to be open to everything and get involved on campus because it really makes a difference. Don’t try to be like me or anyone else you admire, be better than them!

So when you see D’Yasmine on campus please don’t be afraid to speak! Be sure to follow her on Twitter: @dyasmine_nashae and Instagram: _dyasmine

Her Campus at Valdosta State.