This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

In order for a party to be “lit” the music you listen to before the turn-up is crucial. A playlist can make or break your night and no one wants that to happen. Below are a few songs that can make your pre-function a lituation.

1. 21 Savage- Red Opps

Everyone knows I’m down for 21. His lyrics are catchy and he has some of the best beats. You CANNOT have a turn up without 21 Savage. [pew. pew. pew]

2. Woop- Go Away

Woop has the perfect lyrics to summarize your whole day. Homework, bills, stress, responsibilties just need to go Away!

3. Lil Durk- Money Walk

Durk always suceeds in getting me in the mood to turn up.

4. Young M.A.- OOOUUU

I’ll be honest, it took me a minute to get use to this song. If you listen to what she’s saying, the girl can spit. 

5. Rae Sremmurd- Black Beatles

Rae Sremmurd is always lit! They have so much energy in their music its unbelievable.

6. Chance The Rapper- No Problem

“You don’t want zero problems, big fella!”

7. 21 Savage- Ocean Drive

21 Savage again? Oh yes.

8. DJ Esco- 100it Racks

Future and Drake on the same track, of course I have to include it. It’s lit.

9. Gucci Mane- P***y Print

Gucci’s back and adding his music to your playlist will get you one hundred DJ points.

10. Jerreau- Really Got It

Not a lot of people know Jerreau, but as soon as you turn this song on…oh its lit.

11. Dae Dae- Spend It

Dae Dae summarizes everything i need to stop doing while in school. Spending.

12. Future- Wicked

What’s a turn up playlist without Future? A boring playlist.

13. Kodak Black- Skrilla

Everyone knows as soon as Kodak comes on, you have to do the Kodak Bop.

14. YFN Lucci- Key To The Streets

I love Lucci, his songs never fail to turn me up.

Although they’re are many many more turnup songs to add to your playlist, these 14 songs will have you lit before you can even say turn up! HCXO!

Erin Turner is originally from Los Angeles, California. She attends Valdosta State University as an english/journalism major. Her dream is to become an editor for a hip hop magazine. She enjoys listening to jazz and rap, reading magazines, and being around family. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: wsstco
Her Campus at Valdosta State.