This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Have you ever been out at a bar or event and had someone who was trying to flirt with you ask you “what’s your sign?” They are referring to your birth (sun) sign. According to astrology, everyone is born under a sun sign depending on their birthday and the cut off dates. Being that I am pretty fascinated by astrology, here is a small glimpse into the world of the universe.

1. Capricorn (Dec 22- Jan 19)

As an earth sign, Capricorn is the first sign for the months and is known to be very practical. Those born under this sign possess an independence that enables significant progress both on the personal level and in business.

2. Aquarius (Jan 20- Feb 18)

Aquarius are known to be generally shy and quiet, but on the other hand they can be eccentric and energetic. They are deep thinkers and highly intellectual people who love helping others and solving problems. Intellect and logic are the two main factors that this sign runs off of.

3. Pisces (Feb 19- March 20)

As a water sign, Pisces are known to be empathetic and easily able to express emotion. They are also very friendly and always willing to help others. They have really big hearts and would do almost anything for those they love.

4. Aries (March 21- April 19)

As the first sign in the zodiac, Aries are energetic and active. Being that they are fire signs, they may act on impulse without thinking before acting on occasion. They are very dynamic, as they are known to easily adapt to situations and take charge. They are competitive and give their best at everything they do.

5. Taurus (April 20- May 20)

People born under the Taurus sign are very sensual and tactile. Stable and conservative, Taurus is among the most reliable signs of the zodiac. Although very level headed, they can tend to be stubborn and set in their ways at times. As an earth sign, Taurus can be overprotective of their loved ones.

6. Gemini (May 21- June 20)

Expressive and quick-witted, Gemini represents two different sides of personality. Gemini can be sociable, communicative and ready for fun, while on the other hand it can be very serious, thoughtful, restless and even indecisive. As an air sign, Gemini is concerned with all aspects of the mind. Their best skills are good communication, writing and teaching others.

7. Cancer (June 21- July 22)

Cancer is very emotional and sensitive, and they care about family and home. Cancer is sympathetic and is very attached to the people who surround him. People born under the Cancer sign are very loyal and empathetic people, able to empathize with your pain and suffering.

8. Leo (July 23 – August 22)

MY SIGN! Probably one of the most prideful, loving, and hard working out of all of the signs. Born under the fire sign, Leos are dramatic, creative self-confident, dominant and extremely difficult to resist. They can achieve anything they want, whether it’s about work or time spent will family and friends.

9. Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Virgos are always paying attention to smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Virgo is an Earth sign, which prefers conservative and organized things, and those dependent on them, burr can sometimes be too judgmental and critical of others and themselves.

10. Libra (September 23 – October 22)

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful and fair. The Libra is an Air sign, with expressed intellect and a keen mind. They can be inspired by good books, discussions and interesting people. Quality is always more important than the quantity for people born under the Libra sign. They are often surrounded by art, music and beautiful places. Libra is also fascinated by balance and symmetry.

11. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Scorpios are known for their mysterious and calm nature. Being a water sign, Scorpios live to experience and express emotions. Although emotions are very important for Scorpio, they manifest them differently than other water signs. They keep secrets for years and are very strong leaders.

12. Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Sagittarius is extrovert, optimistic and enthusiastic, and likes changes. Sagittarius are able to transform their thoughts into concrete actions and they will do anything to achieve their goals. They are also very blunt and honest. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.