This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As we all know, Valentine’s Day falls on February 14 and this year it’s during All-Star Weekend. Yes, on Valentine’s Day and we all want to make sure our significant other is happy, but at the same time we may want to enjoy the game just as much. This can be a tough time when both parties have different plans for Valentine’s Day or have different expectations, but if you haven’t figured out what you want to do yet here’s some quick suggestions to help you stay on track.

1. You can start off with something light if your partner likes the simple things in life. Some chocolate or Edible Arrangements should do the trick or maybe even some flowers with a poem.

2. If that’s not up your alley, create a scavenger hunt and have them answer riddles to find clues around town. The last clue will lead them to the activity you have planned for Valentine’s Day.

3. Surprise your partner with a getaway with some friends so you they can have fun while the game in on and you guys can meet up afterwards.

4. Make a Valentine’s Day themed meal to prepare them for the activities you have planned for the day.

5. You can always do dinner and a movie if that’s not too cliché.

6.  If they live out of state, send them a cheesy Valentine’s Day postcard with a giftcard to buy something nice.

7. You can never go wrong with Victoria’s Secret or any other Valentine’s Day sales.

Even if Valentine’s day isn’t your style, you can always just share every moment like it’s the first time you’ve laid eyes on each other because there are many ways to say I love you.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.