This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful humans!

This month is Alcohol Awareness Month. Alcohol Awareness Month is a program that spreads awareness and educate the dangers of alcoholism and alcohol. This public health program was organized by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence. This program is mostly targeted at college students because of the track record of students getting drunk at parties, drunk driving, and even dying from the alcohol abuse. Let’s talk more about these problems a little more.

Pexels

On college campuses, students discover their newfound freedom, and they take full advantage of it. College students between the ages 18 to 22, are drinking monthly. Most of the time these students participate in binge drinking. Binge drinking is basically when someone drinks multiple times in a short time span. Binge drinking can sadly lead to alcohol dependence and alcohol addiction.

If you are struggling with alcohol abuse and or addiction, please reach out to a counselor, family or even a friend. If you feel that you may need more assistance, please call the American Addiction centers for treatment at  1-866-560-3937.

Remember, stay safe and stay strong!

• HCXO
Eriana Jones

Valdosta '22

Hello Beautiful people! My name is Eriana Jones! I am a junior at Valdosta State University and I am a Musical Theater major. I want to keep the arts alive and touch the lives of others. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.