8 Must Try NYX Cosmetics Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

NYX cosmetics is a very popular brand due to its variety of products, quality of products and all around affordability. NYX can be found in stores and online at Ulta, CVS, Target, your local beauty supply stores and their website. With their broad array of products there is so much to choose from but here are 8 products that I definitely think that you should try!

1. Soft Matte Lip Cream: The Soft Matte Lip Creams are absoluetly perfect! They definitely live up to their name, it feels soft and lightweight on your lips and once it settles in you have a matte effect. There are many colors for you to choose from so you will definitely find one to match your style or the season! 

2. Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator: This illuminator definitely gives you a glow without a lot of shimmer/glitter! There are two colors that you can choose from (Sunbeam and Gleam) depending on what kind of highlight you want. You can use it as a base for your foundation and apply it onto your cheeks, cupids bow, or any other area you wish to highlight.

3. Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick: These are a recent addition to the NYX line. Like the Soft Matte Lip Creams, these are also soft and lightweight on your lips and provide a matte look. The difference with the Liquid Suede is that the texture is creamier and the colors are richer/more pigmented. Another plus about this product is that it lasts long and starts to look better as it settles in throughout the day! Note: These are only available online for now!

4. Dewy Finsih Setting Spray: Use this setting spray to seal the deal! This spray seals in your makeup and gives you a dewy look which is perfect with a highlight. Extra tip: If you prefer matte looks try the Matte Finish Setting Spray!

5. Concealer Jar: These concealers are cream based which gives it a lightweight feel. A perk about this product is that it doesn’t settle into your fine lines and give a cakey look. This can be worn under foundation or alone!

6. Eyebrow Shaper: If you have naturally unruly eyebrows or if you’re growing your eyebrows out this is the perfect product for you. Not to be confused with an eyebrow pencil used for filling in or darkening your brows, the Eyebrow Shaper simply tames them. All you have to do is follow the outline of your eyebrows and this wax pencil simply brings your eyebrows together to emphasize your arch.

7. The Smokey Shadow Palette: If you’re a fan of smokey eye looks this palette is perfect for you! The eyeshadows included are very pigmented and easy to blend to provide a simple and gorgeous smokey eye look.

8. Two Timer Dual Ended Eyeliner: This product gives you the best of both worlds! You can use the pencil and liquid eyeliner sides interchangably for different looks.

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk