8 Morning Rituals to Start Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What was the first thing you did this morning? Did it make your day more productive? Did it give you that extra motivation to get through your day? If not, try these 8 morning rituals to help get your day started!

1. Give thanks

Plenty of poeple didn’t wake up, but you did and you should be appreciative. Even if that means quietly saying thank you or making a list of things you’re grateful for that day. 

2. Read an inspirational/motivational quote

It’s so easy to get lost in our negative thoughts. College years can be stressful. You’re constantly worrying about money, school, and relationships. Read positive vibes into your life with a quote that puts you in a good state of mind. 

3. Tell someone you love them

Whether its a quick text to your mom or just rolling over to your significant other. It not only makes you feel good, but the other person as well and the best part about it is you can never say it enough. So make it a daily habbit because you never know when it can be the last time.  

4. Take a deep breath and meditate

Life in general can be stressful. Take a minute each morning to just take a few deep breaths and reflect. Try to channel something peaceful that makes you smile. Do it as soon as you wake up so you can step out of bed with a clear mind. 

5. Stretch

Maybe exercise isn’t a regular activity for you. That’s fine! As soon as those feet touch the ground in the morning, bend all the way down to touch your toes, take a deep breath then release. Pop Sugar has a great morning stretch ritual to get your day started. 

6. Drink a glass of water with lemon

You should drink at least 8 ounces of water a day anyway, so start your morning with a glass full but this time with a little lemon. Lemons are full of vitamin C that rejuvenates you skin giving you a great glow, strengthens your immune system, and flushes your body of toxins.  

7. Give yourself a compliment

You’re consumed by your thoughts, especially those of yourself. Make it a point every morning to look in the mirror and say something nice. It’s important to remind yourself that even if no one else thinks you’re everything, you do!

8. Make at least one goal for the day

To-do lists can be overwhelming. Try setting one goal for yourself and seeing it through. It can be something like organizing your closet or making it a habit to do these 8 morning rituals to start your day. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.