7 People You Should Be Following on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Scrolling down your Instagram today can go one of two ways. On one side you have the funny memes, the ice bucket challenge and some nice seflies. On the other side you have those annoying posts of long, narrative quotes, people begging for likes and duck faces. Now, I don’t know about anyone else, but I LOVE Instagram! Not just for myself, but to see everyone. So here is who I think you should be following right now to add some beautiful posts and pictures to your IG! Now go double tap and follow! 

1. Beyonce (@beyonce)

This is a given, but who isn’t follwing Beyonce! She is one of the hottest entertainers right now and has been on top of the game for years now! You can’t help but love her and all her fierceness! She’s always posting the flawless selfies and cute family photos. Beyonce still doesn’t put too much out for the world to see, but we love the mystery! 

2. Delano Brown (@yeahlano)

He calls himself an ARTrepreneur. Delano Brown is a young artist on the rise and very talented! What makes him so unique is that he paints directly on his subject! From clothes to furniture, shoes, and cars, his art has no limits. His signature symbol is a rose, which he incorporates in most of his designs. I’ve been following his work for a while now and he truly is a success story. He keeps himself humble by having contests and giveaways to other young artists as he continues to sell his merchandise and inspire others. Follow his work and watch him grow! 

3. Essah Cozett (@essahcozet)

The beautiful soul Essah gives off positive energy and grace, regardless if you know her or not. Alumna of VSU, Essah has went on to join the Peace Corps in Guatemala. She made her mark here at VSU with her smile, community service and words of wisdom she passed out in the mall hall. She’s traveled the world and has pictures to prove it. She’s dedicated to helping others and traveling. Believe me, she is all that she says and seems to be. I love her energy! 

4. Shaun Ross (@shaundross)

Shaun is a handsome model loved by many. You’ve probably seen a few cameos of him everywhere. His sole purpose is to inspire, as he is the first male albino model. He’s been featured in some of the biggest name magazines like GQ and Vogue, and even modeled for Givenchy. He lets the world in on his journey through Instagram and is never afraid of a bold selfie. His captions are always uplifting and he’s loved by just about everyone! 

5. Shay Mitchell (@shaym)

You have to follow Shay just because she is beautiful! I love her! She loves taking pictures just as much as I do and she’s always moving. She’s so real and down to earth. Shay is so photogenic and I love her vibe! She just launched a new blog with her friend called Amore and Vita, so be on the look out!

6. Whitney (@naptural85)

In my opinion, she is the natural hair queen! Whitney is the best to do it! She is well-known on YouTube for her natural hair videos, but she’s also a graphic designer and blogger. She has her own remedies and techniques and SO much hair! She’s taught me a couple of hairstyles! She stumbled upon the idea of actually making videos to help others, and she’s only been natural since 2009. But everyone loves her, and her adorable daughter Olivia! Follow her lifestyle videos and learn some things! 

7. Her Campus Valdosta (@hcvaldosta)

I mean if you’re not following us, then I don’t even know how youv’e made it this far! An organization full of beautiful ladies and great information! Stay up to date with what we have going on and where we’re at through our Instagram! Everything from article uploads to our next event can be found on our page. So follow us this year and see what we do next!

An interior design major at VSU, & a creative genius.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.