7 “Fancy” Moments You Can Probably Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Chances are, you’ve heard “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea (or at least a snippet of it). It has a hip-hop vibe, the hook (sung by Charli XCX) is super catchy, and it brings out your inner valley girl (like, totally!). The song is a perfect summer jam, and there’s no way the Clueless-inspired video didn’t make you feel nostalgic for the ’90s. But who knew Iggy portraying Cher Horowitz could be so relatable to your everyday life? 

1. When you’re trying to decide what to wear for the day

Every collegiette has those mornings when she just can’t decide what to wear to class. Too bad we don’t all have a computerized closet.

2. When you arrive at school with your BFF

Of course, when you get to campus wearing your super cute outfit, everyone is going to stare.

3. And someone is going to hate on you

Just do as Iggy does and brush it off. Your fuzzy pen is way cuter than her fuzzy hat.

4. Going to physical fitness class

Yeah, you’d probably rather stand by the fence and dance, but you have to run the track or hit the tennis ball at least once.

5. Grabbing lunch with your friends

Everyone else is probably still staring, wishing they could sit at your table. As if!

6. Walking into a party with your BFF

You and your clique are looking like total bettys, and you know almost everyone at the party. Time to say hey to everyone!

7. Dancing the night away

Who knows? Maybe you’ll even play a round of Suck and Blow! (Just be sure not to kiss the wrong guy.)

Her Campus at Valdosta State.