7 Creative Ways to Earn Money Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Between classes, homework, studying, sports, social life, Greek life, and other collegiate extracurricular activities, finding time for a job as a college student can be difficult. Thankfully, students can earn money right from their computers. The Internet has given college students ways to earn cash while balancing their everyday college lives. Here are 7 creative ways students can earn cash fast!

1. Start a blog

Do you have a passion for writing? Do you have great topics you would to write about, such as makeup, hair, clothes, sports or a hobby? Or do you simply have something to say but no one to listen? Start a blog. 

Blogging is the perfect way to get your points across and share them with people worldwide. Every college student has a story that people can relate to their own lives; why not join the blogging world and connect with others?

Blogging can become very profitable. After creating a blog, you can begin to advertise on your blog and make cash. Many bloggers sign up for Google AdSense or other advertising sites to display advertisements and sponsor links. The more blog readers that click on the advertisements, the more money you can earn!

You can also ask local businesses to pay you to review or advertise their companies on your blog. Create a free account on sites like Blogger or WordPress and start blogging!

2. Create a YouTube Channel

Do you have a passion for sharing makeup and hair tips with your girlfriends? Do you always feel the need to share your opinion on celebrity style, movies, TV shows, or music? Have you considered a blog, but realized that writing is simply not your thing? Problem solved. Create a YouTube channel.

Creating a YouTube channel is one of the best ways a college student can make money while networking and building a working portfolio. From Jenna Marbles to College Humor, hundreds of people earn a living from their YouTube channel!

Simply plan out your channel idea and start making videos. Once you make videos, begin to gain an audience by advertising your channel through e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social medias.

Earning money on YouTube begins once you monetize. By monetizing your videos, advertisements begin running on your videos. The more views you get, the more money you will make. You can eventually become a YouTube video partner and earn more from the amount of increased viewers you have!

Who knows? You could be the next Jenna Marbles! 

3. Sell things on Amazon or Ebay

One of the most popular ways to earn money online: selling on Amazon or eBay. We all have bought something that we soon realized we shouldn’t have. Instead of throwing it away, turn it into profit!

By selling your items on Amazon or eBay, you’re not only earning cash, but you are also clearing out some clutter!

To sell items on eBay, simply create a seller’s profile, post pictures of your items, and start selling! To sell items on Amazon, click the “Sell” icon at the top of the homepage, search for the item you would like to sell, and post the listed item!

Both Amazon and eBay allow you to simply list your items and go.

To attract buyers, create persuasive ads. Also, set a reasonable price on Amazon or a reasonable minimum bid on eBay. The more positive traffic and feedback that you receive, the more people will want to buy from you. This means more money. Happy selling!

4. Design and sell T-shirts

Have a passion for fashion? Design and sell custom T-shirts! You put your own words and designs on a shirt and get paid to sell them.

You can upload your designs on website like Zazzle.com and CafePress.com. Your designs can then be placed on various types of T-shirts as well as hats, jackets, and other clothing apparel. The more creative and unique the shirt is, the more appealing the shirt becomes to the buyer! Once your shirts have been created, you can start to sell them online.

The Internet allows designers to sell their shirts worldwide. DesignbyHumans.com and SpreadShirt.com are among dozens of sites that allow you to set up your own store where you can create and sell your own designs. Not only can you earn cash, but you can also build a new business and establish connections with other designers.

5. Design and sell arts and crafts

Sell your own original creations online! Websites such as Etsy.com, Bigcartel.com and ArtFire.com allow you to sell homemade goods such as jewelry, knitted or crocheted items, paintings, and sculptures to customers who enjoy handmade items.

To earn cash from designing and sells homemade goods, focus on something you have a passion for so that you have plenty ideas to utilize. Doing your own arts and crafts can help you find a new hobby or reconnect with an old hobby!

6. Sell your video game accounts

Do you love playing video games? Do you have a natural ability to level your characters quickly? Well if so, you can make money by selling your video game accounts! Earn money from online accounts from games such as World of Warcraft, Runescape, and MapleStory.

To sell your online video game account, you must first find a reliable site; most do not allow you to sell your account.

Websites like mmobay.net (geared towards WOW accounts) and accountmarket.com (geared toward Runescape accounts). Play4uber.com is meant for players who want to sell to a dealer and Play4uber offers a safe and reliable service for both the buyer and the seller. You can also sell old video games as a package deal with your account.

Once you sell your account, you must obtain and secure your personal information. Also, change the password of your account and retrieve recovery information and account information before receiving payment.

When selling, games have suggested PayPal as the preferred payment method, but cash, check, or credit card payments are viable options. This is a newly rising way to earn money online and allows gamers the chance to meet new players across the world!

7. Participate in online surveys

Companies are always looking for ways to improve their products and satisfy consumers. One of the simplest and easiest ways of making extra money online is by answering questions! You can also earn free products and receive chances to earn prizes, such as gift cards and vacations.

Websites like PaidViewpoint, American Consumer Opinion, and Cash Crate offer safe ways to take surveys online and pay you for each completed survey.

Online surveys are often a fun way to spend some time, to learn about new products, and to get rewarded for your time. However, they often attract scammers. If a survey asks for credit card information, it is a SCAM and should be avoided.

Just because you’re in college doesn’t mean you have to be poor or rely on your parents. The Internet offers dozens of opportunities for students to earn cash while balancing their school lives! These opportunities also offer new ways of networking and meeting new people. Now you can enjoy earning money in a fun, simple way!

Hey, everyone. My name is Ashlea Danielle. I'm 22. Senior at Valdosta State University. #TeamScorpio #BlazerNation
Her Campus at Valdosta State.