Style

6 Bad Ass Halloween Costume Ideas That Are not Cats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

So it’s officially spooky bae season.  Everyone’s drinking pumpkin spice lattes and pulling out their knee high riding boots anticipating the day they get to roam the streets as nurses, clowns and Playboy bunnies. Halloween is right around the corner and this year it’s important not to wait around till the last minute to find a costume. Instead of being a cat for the 8th year in a row, this year you’re going to wow your friends with your relevant, creative and badass costume. Here’s a list of costume ideas for all the procrastinators out there. 

1. Captain Marvel

Infinity War has left everyone with high anticipation for the 2019 release of Captain Marvel and although the film won’t appear in theaters until July 7, Carol Danvers is still an excellent costume choice for Halloween. While all your friends are dressed as  (presumably) deceased avengers, you get to remind them that Captain Marvel’s about to clean up their mess.  

2. Okoye

King T’challa’s devoted protector and friend. Okoye was the rock of Ryan Coogler’s “The Black Panther”  her sheer intensity and warrior spirit make her an excellent costume choice. Do it for Wakanda!

3.Mrs. Which 

The most versatile costume of them all. Mrs. Which gave some amazing looks in Ava Duvernay’s “A Wrinkle in Time” from the glamorous makeup to the  eccentric hairstyles, you’re going to light up the room the minute you walk in.

4. Voyd

One of the most tenacious characters from “The Incredibles 2.” Voyd’s teal bob and matching super suit makes makes this costume a great choice.

5. Domino from Deadpool 2

Zazie Beetz’s portrayal of Domino in “Deadpool 2” gave the curly headed cuties an amazing costume idea that’ll turn heads.

6. The Wasp

Another new and interesting costume idea for Halloween. Marvel’s “Ant-Man and The Wasp” introduced us to Hope Van Dyne, another Kick ass female superhero with a kick ass costume to match. This doubles as a couples costume too. Who will be the Ant-Man to your Wasp?

Jada Dukes

Valdosta '18

Jada Dukes is a Senior English-Journalism major at Valdosta State University who was born and raised in Warner Robins. Outside of HerCampus, She's written for the VSU Spectator,  MyGeorgiaHometown Magazine and  SouthGeorgiaToday.com. She's also Editor in Chief for the Student run General Interest magazine, OnTap. Her Hobbies include reading, writing and binge watching TV dramas with a strong female lead. Her largest goal in life is to one day meet Oprah and then become her. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.