This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Life is a constant struggle no matter who you are. It is all about experience, growing, learning on your own and figuring it out your way. The road is never easy, but it will take you on the most beautiful journey. You want to always stay positive and appreciate every blessing and adversity you are faced with. There is always something to take from a situation. You get what you put out into the world, so create positive energy!

1. Random Act of Kindness

A random act of kindness can change anyone’s day. Take someone by surprise, hold a door open, give a stranger a compliment, or share an umbrella. Whatever it is, do it because you want to do it and expect nothing in return!

2. Remember, You Deserve to be Happy

You are worthy of all good things. There is nothing that sets you apart from anyone else in that regard. So anything you want to do, say, or try is not off limits. Ask yourself, “why not?” when you question what you wish to do next. Don’t double guess your own feelings. Go for whatever you think is right, and have no regrets! It is your life and you deserve to be happy, period. 

3. Forgive

You may wonder what forgiving has to do with creating positive energy. Beyonce said it best: “Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me. Forgiveness is the final act of love.” Forgive people who have done you wrong and even forgive yourself for your wrong doings. It won’t be the first mistake or the last that you will make. Charge it to the game and count it as a lesson learned. Let it go and move on. Believe me, you’ll feel a lot better! 

4. Embrace THIS Moment

All you ever have promised is the moment you’re in right now. So take advantage of what is in front of you at all times and worry about the rest when it’s time. Now, I’m not saying forget about that test you have this Friday, but stay optimistic about life. It truly is a gift, and at this very moment you can only control what is going on right in front of you. Take it all in, embrace your surroundings, and be happy in the now. It may not sound like much, but it will make a big difference in the way you view things.

5. Be Yourself

At no other costs, be yourself. Never sell yourself short for anything or anyone. There can only be one you and you were made just the way you were supposed to be. Weirdness and all, it’s just who you are. Stay beautiful and be great!

HCXO

An interior design major at VSU, & a creative genius.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.