freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Valentine’s Day Ideas for Singles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s almost that time of the year again –Valentine’s Day. The gigantic teddy bears, heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and bouqets of roses are taking over the planet. This could be quite the exciting day because you can’t wait to show your significant other just how romantic you can really be, or a day you’re dreading because you don’t have a sweetheart to gaze dreamingly at over a candle lit dinner.

For those of you who are stuck in the latter, don’t worry! Valentine’s Day can be enjoyable for you too! Don’t let your lack of bae rain on your parade. Here are a few Valentine’s Day ideas for you single pringles out there.

1. Treat Yourself

With all the money you’re saving by not having to participate in this holiday, why not spend it on yourself? Treat yourself to a day at the spa or go on a shopping spree! Manis and pedis are always a good idea (no matter what day it is). After all, the most important person you can love is yourself. Enjoy your time with you! Don’t stress about not having that SO to spend the day with. Spend the day doing things that make YOU happy. Remember that you are special just by being you, and you shouldn’t need anyone to tell you that.

2. Have a Party

News flash: you won’t be the only person single on this day. Round up your fellow parties of one and have an anti-love themed party! Wear black, ban love songs and avoid all things cupid. Make cocktails, dance, eat, socialize and be merry! There’s nothing like a good atmosphere surrounded by fun peers to keep the gloom away.

3. Secret Cupid

In the scheme of secret santa, have a secret cupid! Since Valentine’s Day is a day of doing nice things for your loved ones, draw names and swap gifts with your girlfriends. Let your friends know why you love and appreciate them. Turn it into a girls night out, get fabulous and hit the town, or stay in with a few drinks, lots of gossip and good laughs. The best thing about having your girls with you: you never have to do things alone.

4. Movie Marathon

If you’re feeling really anti-cupid, have a scary movie marathon and scare away all thoughts of heart-shaped balloons and flowers. If you feel like being swooned, have a movie marathon featuring your Man Crush Monday and indulge until you can’t take anymore. However you’re feeling, pop that popcorn and escape reality for a bit.

5. Have a Dinner

Instead of going to a restaurant and being surround by couples, cook a big dinner for you and your other single friends to enjoy together. Busying yourself with sauteeing and baking can be quite therapeutic, not to mention the memories you guys will make gathered around the table will be ones you can’t forget.

Remember collegiates, Valentine’s Day is just a holiday. Your love, or lack there of, does not define you. Know your worth and value yourself all the time! You’re beautiful and you don’t need a guy bearing gifts to tell you that. Your prince will come soon! Until then, love yourself unconditionally.

HCXO!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.