I realized that I’m not the only one that’s about to lose their mind and the semester is nowhere near over. Lately, me, along with several other college students that I’ve spoken to, have expressed the fact that they feel a mental breakdown coming, and SOON. I want to share five tips that will help all of us get through this semester and come out on top.
1) You before anyone else. Life can be hard, and running around in a million different directions can have you tired and low on energy. Therefore it is crucial to take time out to yourself, and readjust your energy, get your thoughts together, or do whatever you feel the need to do to relax your mind.
2) Organize Yourself. Part of the reason college students are overwhelmed is because some of us are guilty of not keeping track of what we have going on, and so therefore. It is important that we keep a calender, agenda, or some type of organizer that will remind us of what we have going on in life.
3) Keep your spiritual life intact. For some people, it can be hard to navigate through life without acknowledging their higher power or getting in touch with their spiritual side. Meditation, spiritual clensing, praying whatever it may be, take time out of your day to just be thankful for what you have or work hard for what you want.
4) Work Hard. Now let’s be honest with ourselves, part of the reason as to why we can’t seem to get it together is because we’re not even trying. If you don’t put in the work then you won’t see the results you want. I get that college can be hard, and you have your moments where you just want to throw in the towel, but it’s crucial to push through, and learn through the hard times.
5) Play Hard. It doesn’t help there we’re always on GO when it comes to college life, so most definetly go out and do something to reward yourself for how far you come because most people did not make it to where you are now.
Now of course it’s easier said than done, but through my college journey, I have learned that hard times are normal in college, but your ability to get through them is what helps you become a person. I’m still learning a few things myself, and I don’t always follow the tips that I have given you, but I do believe in trying as hard as you can so you can see the results you desire. I say all that to say, Keep Pushing and Win. Be great people!!!