books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Things to Help You Stay on Track During the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Most college students can agree that organization is a very important key to become successful in the classroom. It’s a lot easier to become lazy and forgetful when not only your schedule but materials aren’t in order. Something as little as writing down your plans for the day, or even week, can help assure an easier transition throughout the day. There are many resources to use in order to not only help organize your schedule, but also your class materials. Here are few essentials needed for every college student to help eleviate stress:

1. Agenda

Agendas are definetely needed while in college. To keep track of your weeks, even months, purchasing a planner can help make college a bit easier. There are many affordable agendas in stores such as Marshalls, TJMaxx, Ross, Walmart and Target. Want to get more creative? Buy a blank agenda and decorate it yourself with different quotes, inspirationals, or even designs!

2. Dry Erase Board

Whenever I forgot to check my agenda, white boards are always the next best thing. Putting up a white board in your room can help you be sure to see your plans for the day unintentionally. It can be used as a reminder for many things when walking in or even leaving your room.

3. Apps

Apps can be used for more than social media, daily communication, etc. They are also able to  give you a smoother college experience by helping you study smarter, connect with new people and wake up in time for your early lectures. Believe it or not, your basic phone apps can be used to help you daily while in college. Simple apps like your Calendar, Notes, Reminders, etc. can help keep you on track.

4. Binders

Having a binder or composition for every class makes keeping up with every individual class a lot easier. If you want to get even more creative, try color cordinating your binders with a class. Also page tabs and dividers can be used to help organize the work inside of your binder.

5. Tutorials

Sometimes reviewing material in class isn’t enough and we may need additional help. Using every resource provided by your institution can help boost your overall performance in a class tremendously. Whether you see a teacher after class, visit the Student Success Center, or even just meeting up with a classmate, all of these things are guaranteed to help you improve your overall performance in the classroom.

HCXO!

Pre-Nursing major at Valdosta State University. Free spirited.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.