5 Things To Do On the Front Lawn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The front lawn, the most charming and enchanting asset to our already oh so alluring campus! When the breeze is blowing in just that way you like and the sun is shining it’s hard to even find a spot on the front lawn! You can catch students sprawled all over doing multiple activites and enjoying the weather. Here are a few suggestions as to what you can spend your time doing on one of the best spots on campus!

1. Play A Sport

There’s nothing like a good game on a beautiful day in the fresh air! Go on the front lawn and break a sweat with your friends on the grass. You get to enjoy the outdoors while getting some exercise in, it’s a win-win situation!

2. Read, Relax or Do Homework

Most people can’t resist breaking out their hammocks and swaying in the breeze! Others choose to lay on a blanket and get lost in a good book or get some homework done. Laying on the front lawn surrounded by the beautiful palm trees is a great way to unwind.

3. Bring Your Dog

Another perk of going to the front lawn, it’s pet friendly! Bring your pup out to play fetch or let them roam around to make new friends. There’s always plenty of other dogs (and people) to play with. Just be mindful of picking up their droppings and others around you!

4. Lay Out

Soak up the sun and work on your tan on the front lawn! The front lawn is also the perfect the place to sunbathe with the convenience of not having to leave campus!

5. Exercise

Tired of beng cooped up working out at home or at the rec? Get some time in on the the front lawn! Burn some calories by utilizing this spacious area. You could even round up some friends and do yoga!

Don’t miss out on the front lawn experience, it’s essential to your time here as a Blazer! Carpe diem, collegiates!

HCXO!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.