etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things to do During April’s Showers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

We have all heard the saying “April showers bring May flowers”, which is very true for us in Valdosta. April is one of the rainiest months of our mostly sunny year. With all the rain we are forced inside and away from the great outdoors. But ladies we don’t have to let the rain ruin our fun. A rainy day doesn’t have to be a drag. There are tons of things to do instead of watching the rain fall against your window pane. Here are somethings to do on a rainy day:

1. Binge watch your favorite TV series or even get wrapped up in a new one: This is a time to put your Netflix subscription to work. There are tons of fun television series to watch from the originals like Friends or new ones like Orange is the New Black. Whatever your pick may be, grab your favorite snack and put on your comfy clothes and let the binge begin.

2. Pamper yourself: Ladies on a quiet day, like this you have plenty of time to cater to yourself. Put on your fave mask and find all the nail polish you have and get to work. No one can pamper you better than you. So, slice some cucumbers because you’re finally going to give yourself that facial you been scrolling past on Pinterest all week.

3. Call the girls and have a movie /game night: There is nothing like a good movie. Hit the neighborhood RedBox or break out the Monopoly board and call over some friends. Tell everyone to bring a snack and you’ve got yourself a party.

4. Read a good book: Maybe on a rainy day you prefer to be alone and bask in the silence. Find a good book and dive in. Let the pages take you to another place and enjoy your afternoon without any unwanted interruptions.

5. Do some cleaning: We all have that one thing on or to do list that we never find the time to do. Ladies, now is the time. Whether it’s organizing your coat closet or cleaning out your make-up drawer make it happen. Since you have nothing else to do handle those time consuming tasks and plus when your done you will feel extremely accomplished. 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.