woman taking pictures near handrail
woman taking pictures near handrail
Tamara Bellis/Unsplash

The 5 Snapchat Users We Hate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Snapchat is taking the social networking world by storm! How can you resist the opportunity to take endless selfies and post videos without worrying about flooding your followers’ timelines? However, we all know every social media outlet has its cons too. Whether it be Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, there’s always those infamous users who ruin everything. Here are the 5 types of Snapchat users we can do without!

1. The Music Video Snapper: Everyone has at least one follower that wants their story to be a music video. All they do is mouth the words to songs in all of their snaps. It may seem like a harmless snap, but after a while I think we all agree, it gets annoying.

2.  The Ranting Snapper: These types of snappers tend to start their Snapchat story with one of the following statements: “I have to rant about this really quick” or “So guess what happened to me today?” or “You know what gets on my nerves?” Now don’t get me wrong, these snappers can be entertaining sometimes, but most of the time, we can’t fight the urge to tap through the rest of their story.

3. The 100+ Seconds Snapper: These snappers usually have the most views on the first or second snap in their story because once you realize how many seconds it is, you give up instantly. No one wants to see a 150 second snap story full of selfies or any other pointless action. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

4. The Terrible Camera Quality Snapper: The only issue we have with these snappers is the fact that their sound doesn’t match with their video, or we can’t see past the blurriness of their camera. Camera quality makes a difference when it comes to Snapchat!

5.  The Routine Snapper: Then, you have that follower that snaps the same thing at the same time every day. You can literally predict their snaps according to what time it is, however, you keep watching their story with the hopes that maybe one day they’ll switch it up.

These snappers may get on our nerves, but not enough for us to disregard Snapchat altogether. We can’t deny the brilliance of this app! HCxo!

My name is Sameena! I am a criminal justice major at Valdosta State University!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.