5 Signs That Your Mom Is One Of Your Best Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

1.  When you’re more scared of you’re mom than the police.

I don’t know about you, but as soon as I get a trouble the fear of my mom seems to outweigh the fear of the police. She may be one of my bestfriends, but she’s my mom first. That’s a line she makes sure she dosen’t cross and I love her for that.

2. When you and your mom make dinner date plans for for you’re school break

My mom and I always make dinner and movie plans when I’m home for break. Free dinner and a movie with my mom? Sounds great!

3. When you hang up the phone call with your mom and the screen reads 1 hour and 10 minutes

If I haven’t talked to my mom in a few days, I always expect the call to be long. She has the best advice….sometimes.

4. When you stay up late with your mom watching Housewives of Atlanta reruns 

Having a girls night in with my mom always makes my day better. We seem to just bond over candy and crazy arguments between the ladies of Real Housewives of Atlanta.

5. When you have just as much fun with your mom as you would with your friends

Always remember that your mom was your age once. My mom will always be my movie buddy. I can’t even count how many we’ve seen together and we will continue to see more together. That’s my “dawg”.

Your mom can be a great person to talk to not only if you’re in a crisis, but also when you just want someone to talk to. She’ll tell you what she really thinks because she wants the best for you in every way. You’ll find that your mom is actually cooler than you thought, and she’ll love to be able to spend time with you.  HCXO!

Erin Turner is originally from Los Angeles, California. She attends Valdosta State University as an english/journalism major. Her dream is to become an editor for a hip hop magazine. She enjoys listening to jazz and rap, reading magazines, and being around family. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: wsstco
Her Campus at Valdosta State.