5 Reasons You Should Be Cruising for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

With Spring Break approaching, it can be difficult trying to find something to do that’s inexpensive and fun! All you know is you don’t want to be stuck on campus, bored while all of your friends are on the vacation of a lifetime. For the same amount of money it takes to go to Panama City Beach or Miami, if not less, you can book a cruise for Spring Break! Here’s why you should choose cruising over anything else.

1. Cruises are all inclusive: The amount of money you pay for a cruise includes the room you’ll stay in for the duration of the cruise, endless amounts of GOOD food, activities provided by whichever cruise line you choose, and transportation to all of the ports you’ll be visiting! This beats paying for a hotel and food per day, as well as paying for activities you’ll be doing separately.

2.  You have the ability to visit more than one country: Depending on how many days you decide to cruise, you may be able to visit 3-5 countries in one week! Most spring break trips are to one destination, but with cruising, you have the option to choose how many destinations you want!

3.  You can book a cruise far in advance: Most hotels only let you book a few months in advance, forcing you to procrastinate with the planning of your trip. With cruises, you can book as far as 2 years in advance, giving you plenty of time to pay it off and save some spending money for your trip!

4.  You will have so much fun on the boat alone: Cruise lines provide free comedy shows, theater shows, night clubs, pools/water slides, tons of free food (emphasis on that); some even have rock climbing walls, mini golf courses, and rope courses! Don’t forget to actually get off the boat!

5. The different destinations are beautiful: Whether you decide to cruise the Caribbean, Europe, or even Alaska you will experience the beautiful places the world has to offer! You can experience the different cultures and foods in each country, while enjoying the scenery the country has to offer!

What are you waiting for? You’ll definitely get your money’s worth by booking a cruise! Make your next Spring Break trip one you won’t regret! HCxo!

My name is Sameena! I am a criminal justice major at Valdosta State University!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.