5 Reasons Why Women Would Make Great Presidents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

In the year 2008 America made history by electing their first African American president. President  Barack Obama remained in office for not only one but two terms. It is now time to elect a new president for office, and a woman is in the running. This is another history in the making, if she wins the election she will go on to be the first woman president. Although this should be a breakthrough moment in history, we have many skeptics saying that a woman is incapable of running the country. Many other nations have a woman as the leader of their country therefore that proves that a woman is very capable of leading not only a country, but the United States of America. Still not sure if women would make  great presidents? Well  check out these 5 reasons why they will.

1. Rational

Women have been inclined to make better decisions than men. A woman takes the time to pull apart each detail and figure out a better solution. While men are more impulsive and sometimes don’t rationalize and take their time.

2. Less Hostile

The fact that women are less hostile is just what this country needs.

3. Compassionate

Men consider women being compassionate as them being emotional beings. Women are indeed emotional, but their compassion shows that they care. Wouldn’t you want to elect someone who truly cares about everyone’s well being.

4. Household Authority

Men have always been considered to be the leader of the household when statistically speaking they are more of the breadwinners than the head of the household. Women have been leading the households for years so, why not allow one to lead the big house.

5. Historic Breakthrough

We made groundbreaking history by electing an African American President so, why not create history again by electing our first woman president. Women are clearly capable of performing the task and doing it right, and lets face it women get their way majority of the time!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.