This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

From year to year and season to season, makeup trends are constantly changing. It is always fun and fashionable to keep up with the latest trends. As we bid farewell to summer, it’s time to say goodbye to those bold summer makeup trends and say hello to fall. Here are 5 trendy makeup tips for fall that are subtle, yet will have you turning heads.

1. Metallics

Add a pop of color to your eyes with metallics. Metallic eyeshadow, such as bronze or silver, add a touch of shimmer to your eyes, giving you a wide-awake, doe-eyed look like Kendall Jenner and Ariana Grande. Add a light shimmer on your eyelids and at the corners of your eyes, then finish with your favorite mascara. You now have a look that is a bold, yet subtle statement.

2. Berry-licious Bold Lips

Deep pink or purple lips are a major trend for the fall. Add a sultry look to your everyday makeup with bold lipstick and liner. To achieve long-lasting lips like Lorde or Rihanna, add a dab of concealer to your lips so that the lipstick and liner won’t fade. Line your lips with a dark berry lip liner, finishing with a matching lipstick. Make sure that the rest of your makeup is subtle when you do bold lips so that you don’t have a harsh look for class.

3. Flushed Cheeks

Bronzer is for summer, blush is for fall. Remember that rule. Add a dewy fresh look to your cheeks with pale pinks and oranges. Start by adding a highlighter to the top of your cheekbones, and then add blush cream on the apples of your cheeks. Finish with a pale blush to complete the look. Now you look refreshed, dewy, and subtly gorgeous for the day!

4. Bold Brows

Eyebrows help frame your gorgeous face! If you weren’t blessed with full brows like Cara Delevingne, makeup hacks can help you obtain thick brows. Start with eyebrow wax that matches your hair color and blend. If you still have any patchy areas left, use an eyebrow pencil. Simply create short strokes in the direction of your eyebrows. Finish off the look by combing your brows to achieve a natural look. Now you’re making a bold statement!

5. Lashes and Liners

Eyes are the “it” accessory for the fall. Lashes and liner are a gorgeous duo that will help complete your school look. For liner, the cat eye trend is the way to go. Use your favorite pencil or liquid liner to get a subtle cat swoop or achieve a more intense look by swooping the majority of the lid. For lashes, bigger, fuller and more voluminous is the key. Apply your favorite mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Apply two to three coats to get full lashes. Or, simply buy false eyelashes and apply to the top lid. Your eyes will now look bolder and wider; the perfect look for school.

There you have it lovely ladies, 5 makeup tips that will help you achieve that natural look for the fall. Remember: makeup is meant to enhance your beauty, not hide it!

Hey, everyone. My name is Ashlea Danielle. I'm 22. Senior at Valdosta State University. #TeamScorpio #BlazerNation
Her Campus at Valdosta State.