5 Free Apps To Get You To The Dean’s List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Now that school is underway, getting out to of our summer daze is going to take a little longer than a week behind a desk. Waiting for refunds isn’t easy and our parents are not our lifeline like they were in high school. We’ve realized that our organization skills have withered away as we tanned on the beach and we’ve spent too much money on groceries to buy the books we may need this semester! 

In the time that I spent surfing the internet this summer  I happened to come across a few posts that eased the pain of getting back into the swing of school routines. Free textbooks, organization skills or even ways to help block out site can all be found online for free!

Sometimes we can’t seem to focus on writing a paper because there are just so many websites that we can’t stay away from. Cold Turkey will block out any distracting websites so your procrastination can’t be blamed on the internet. While you’re writing that paper utilizing great diction could boost your grade from a B to an A if only you could figure out what you were trying to say! Tip of my tongue is a great website to help you  do just that.

On occassion, some of us forget basic grammar and syntax but Language Tool can double check you’re writing to make sure you’re in tip-top shape! Can’t afford an agenda or just can’t remember when things are due? The My Study Life app can help you organize every class, meeting, due date, and important event you may have while syncing all your devices so you never miss another deadline.

Before sending you all out onto the Pedestrian Mall to get to class there is one thing we all can’t forget… textbooks! There are a plethora of websites that offer free textbook downloads and many of them I found on my own Tumblr feed. Now that you have some new and free tools to start the year off there is no excuse to not make the Dean’s List right?

HCXO!

Valdosta State University senior, majoring in Public Relations with a minor in African-American studies.  Food connoisseur, beauty sleep expert, binge watching aficionado, and avid art consumer. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.