This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Football season is here and nothing says college football like tailgating! Who doesn’t love a little pre game, good conversation, and most importantly yummy food? In honor of VSU’s first home game against Cumberland University this Saturday, here are 5 easy tailgate recipes you have to try this weekend!

1. Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

A little kick in your mouth all wrapped in bacon. These spicy little appetizers make a great tailgate snack. They’re easy to make with little to no mess. Just fill some jalapenos with cream cheese, wrap them in a slice of bacon and grill them until golden brown. Did we mention there’s bacon?

2. Ham and Swiss Sliders

Sliders are a must! Instead of the traditional burger melts some Swiss cheese with ham on a toasted Hawaiian roll. You won’t be disappointed!

3. BBQ Glazed Grilled Shrimp

A tailgate calls for something smothered in BBQ sauce. Why not shrimp? Use your favorite sauce to glaze some shrimp and attach them to skewers to make your own shrimp kabobs. If you dare to be health conscious, add some veggies in between. 

4. Buffalo Chicken Dip

Dip is a tailgate necessity. You’ve probably already have chicken on the menu. Why not shred some of it up to for some dip. Along with the chicken just add some shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, ranch and hot sauce into a crock pop. It goes great with tortilla chips and even celery. 

5. No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Pops

We can’t forget dessert! The popsicles are the perfect treat to combat the hot weather. Luckily strawberry cheesecake ice cream already exists, but if you want to add some fresher ingredients slice some fresh strawberries and pour a little milk into a bowl. Affordable popsicle makers can be found at Walmart or you can roll them into balls and stick a toothpick into them. Add a some crushed graham crackers on them then freeze. 

Go Blazers!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.