This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

1. Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen

You can’t mention great without bringing up one the greatest to ever step foot on a basketball court, Michael Jordan. Let’s be serious though, there’s no way he could have done it without Pippen.  This duo led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and ultimately became the faces of a dynasty.

2. Jerry Rice & Joe Montana

Statistically, this might be the best duo in NFL history but there’s no doubt that Rice and Montana were mesmerizing and entertaining to watch. Two Super bowls and five NFC West titles later, you can’t help but consider them two of the greatest 49-ers and combination of quarterback and wide reciever. 

3. Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig

Is it really a surprise that these two legends are possibly the best duo that ever lived? They made the New York Yankees the most beloved franchise around, or the most hated, depending on your preference. Ruth and Gehrig, during their era, led the Yankees to three World Series championships and four pennants. 

4. Wayne Gretzky & Mark Messier

From 1980-1988 the world of hockey belonged to the Edmonton Oilers, and you couldn’t talk about the Oiler dynasty without talking about Messier and Gretzky. The duo managed to rack up four Stanley Cups during their tenure together, making them one of best hockey duos to hit the ice.

5.Kareem Abdul- Jabbar & Magic Johnson

Before Pippen and Jordan there was Magic and Kareem. Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar brought flash and excitement to the game of basketball; they also brought five NBA championships and a combined nine MVP trophies to the Los Angeles Lakers. It’s safe to say that they are one of best duos the league has ever seen. 

Rineta is a Speech Communication major at Valdosta State University, with an emphasis in public relations. She aspires to have a career in sports media relations one day. In her free time she enjoys binge watching shows written by Shonda Rimes on Netflix, reading professional athlete autobiographies and being the friend who laughs too much. Follow her- IG/Twitter: _rrainey
Her Campus at Valdosta State.