This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Spring break will be here before we know it. It’s the perfect time to unwind and forget the stress of school. If you’re like me, you probably started packing because you are that excited! To make sure that you have everything you need, here are a few spring break must haves.

1. Sunscreen/SPF

Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin against the sun’s harmful rays. Especially if you are going to be hanging out on the beach or spending a lot of time outisde. Also, carry products that contain SPF: such as chapsticks/lipbalms, lotions/body cream, even makeup items like some foundation and tinted moisturizer.

2. Sunglasses

Sunglasses are not only great for blocking out the sun from your eyes, they are a fun accessory. Not to mention they give off a cool laidback vibe! They come in different styles and colors so try finding a pair that matches some of your outfits and swimsuits.

3. Flip Flops/Comfortable Shoes

If you are going anywhere that requires a lot of walking or standing, you’ll want to bring flip flops or any comfortable shoe (e.g. sneakers, flats, TOMS etc). Flip flops glide on your feet easily and are also easy to carry around. They are perfect for a day on the beach, sightseeing or shopping.

4. Camera

The best part about spring break are the endless memories. To capture those wild moments be sure to bring a camera. Whether you use a Nikon or an iPhone, take plenty of pictures everywhere you go. Don’t forget to bring a charger, batteries, or a memory card to save all of your pictures!

Hopefully you have everything you need for a succesful spring break. Check your list twice to ensure you have packed a few or all of the items listed. No matter where you go or what you do this spring break be SAFE and have fun!

I am a third year student at UGA and an intended broadcast journalism major.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.