4 Non-PCB Destinations to Visit This Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

“Where are you going for Spring Break?”

“PCB. You?”

This conversation is all too familiar to many college students. Panama City Beach, Fla., is the go-to spot for a lot of spring breakers (especially those living in the South). But how many times can you go to PCB before you get tired of walking the strip, going to the bars every night, and seeing your not-so-innocent classmates funneling beer on the beach?

Luckily for you and your friends, there’s life outside of PCB during the sacred weeklong break from school. Here are four non-PCB destinations to visit this spring break.

1. Los Angeles, Calif.

Spring break may be the perfect time to visit the West Coast. With spring weather averaging somewhere in the 70s, southern California is a great getaway. Shop (or window shop) on Rodeo Drive or walk the familiar Santa Monica Pier boardwalk and get a taste of the good ol’ Golden State. If you’re into fitness, go for a run at Runyon Canyon Park, and you just might run into a celebrity. Plus, you finally have a chance to hit up all of those places Lauren and Whitney frequented on The Hills.

2. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Imagine relaxing on the beach with a strawberry daiquiri in your hand and the sound of waves crashing in your ears. Doesn’t that sound like heaven? It sounds like you’re at Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. DR is a great place to go during spring break if you want a tropical, cultural experience. Beautiful palm trees line the island, and no matter where you are, you’ll always hear someone playing merengue or bachata music. Get rid of the hassle of trying to find places to eat, drink and party by staying at an all-inclusive resort. Also, for a daring adventure with breathtaking views, go zip-lining at Scape Park at Cap Cana.

3. Orlando, Fla.

When was the last time you went to Orlando for vacation? Do you remember being a pre-teen going to Universal Studios and walking through CityWalk to get to the theme park? There were numerous bars and restaurants, and although you were eagerly looking forward to the Jaws ride, you couldn’t help but notice the liveliness throughout the strip, right? Well, now that you’re older, you can partake in CityWalk nightlife. In addition to that, you won’t believe how much there is to do a few miles away on International Drive: shopping, clubbing, dining and more shopping all on one road! “I-Drive” has been a popular spot for years. Besides, who doesn’t love Disney World?

4. Aspen, Colo.

Okay, so not everyone wants to go somewhere warm and sunny for spring break. If you actually enjoy snow, cold weather and wearing four layers of clothing to prevent frostbite, Aspen may be your ideal escape. Lodging probably won’t be too easy on your pockets, but early planning could help divert financial issues. Traveling with your significant other? Cuddle up and sip a hot toddy while watching the sunset behind the astonishing mountains. A trip to Aspen wouldn’t be complete without skiing and snowboarding, but be sure to check out some not-so-typical excursions, such as taking a hot air balloon ride over the Rocky Mountains. You might even be able to spot some deer, moose or bears from up above!

President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)