This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It is not easy paying attention in class at times especially if your attention spam is short. Spring semester has started, and class has begun, and I catch myself daydreaming in class. Then when I get home to study, I am lost because I was not paying attention in class. Now I am stressing out because I am lost doing homework and I only have myself to blame. Well, if you are like me and find yourself having trouble paying attention in class, I found three helpful tips to pay attention in class I would like to share with you.

Via Pexels
1. Put away distractions.

Yes, your phone can be a distraction. You find yourself dying to look at your phone while in class because you see you have a new message pop up on the screen. When in class you should always turn off you phone or put in on silent if you have an issue turning your phone complete off. One you turn your phone off put it on silent mode your phone should be place in your book bag or someone where it can not distract you or others. This one tip will lead you on a road to have a more successful class time.

2. Get a good night rest.

Getting a goodnight rest helps you be prepared for class. If you do not get a goodnight rest of sleep, you might spend your time sleeping in class which is not good because you are missing out on the lesson and disrespecting the teacher. When you get plenty of rest at night you are most likely to perform better and be productive in the class. When you get a goodnight rest you are more alert in class and learning will be easy for you because you will be focus during class time.

3. Ask Questions in class.

When you ask you questions during class time it keeps you aware of what is going on in the class. This helps you better understand the class material when you ask questions. When you learn the class material this helps you maintain good grades in the class. Good grades are great its shows that you pay attention in class. When you ask questions it also shows you are ready to learn. It’s also important to remember that no question is stupid question. It’s best to ask questions then no questions.

Courtesy of Microsoft

Paying attention in class is important if you want to be a successful student. What ever class that you are taking always give it your 100%. Not only is paying attention important for school but other things that you do in everyday life. Learning to pay attention in class also prepare you for other things that consist of you gaining attention for example work is one. When you do these three things completely you are preparing yourself for a great school year.

Bonny is a transfer student from Georgia Military College, having obtained her associates degree in communication science in Summer 2020. She then transferred to Valdosta State in Fall 2020. She is now a mass media major in her junior year, looking to experience media like she never dreamed of! Bonny's hope that someday her work reaches you and many more.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.