3 Ways to Balance School, Work and a Social Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

In college, it’s very hard trying to keep up with your school work, maintain a social life, and work at the same time. This can be a very tiring stage of your life. It may feel as if you’re being pulled in many different directions. You contemplate whether you should focus more on school and work and not have a social life— convincing yourself that it’s the best solution. All work and no play may lead to stress or even depression.  Check out these different ways that you can maintain your sanity and bring balance to your life.

1. Carpe Diem 

The famous quote “Don’t put off until tomorrow for what you can today,” is an important quote to live by, especially if you’re in college. Try to accomplish everything you need to that day and do not procrastinate. That is one less thing you have to focus on. Remember to seize the day!

2. Time Management

Managing your time efficiently is a great way to bring balance to your life. To make things easier on yourself create a to-do list so that you’ll know exactly what do and when to do it.

3. Reward yourself

Treat yourself every now and then! Make time for your friends and have a little me time. It doesn’t always have to be all work and no play— live a little! 

-HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.