jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Winter Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

1) Sledding

It was fun when you were a kid and it’s fun now! Sure, you might get a few odd looks from parents, but they’re just jealous. If you find yourself sled-less a broken-down cardboard box is always good for a few short runs. 

2) Hot Cocoa

There’s nothing like a hot drink to help you thaw-out on a brisk winter day. If you’re feeling especially bold, take to Pinterest for some fun new hot chocolate recipes.

3) Blanket Fort and Movie Marathon

Transform your living room into a fortress! Constructing the perfect blanket fort is a bonding experience you’ll never forget. For ultimate comfort use a futon mattress as the base. If find yourself futon-less an abundance of body pillows will do.

Once the fort is constructed grab your laptop and let the movie marathon begin!

4) Movie Marathon Minus the Blanket Fort

Blanket fort not your thing? No problem! It’s almost as if the long, dark nights of winter were designed for binging unhealthy amounts of Netflix. Cozy up on the couch and start that movie trilogy marathon.

Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Indiana Jones are all good places to start.

5) Horse and Carriage Ride

If you’re feeling especially brave and want to face the cold channel your inner romantic with a horse and carriage ride.

6) Baking

Depending how compatible you and your significant other are while in this kitchen this idea is a hit or a miss. However, a tasty holiday treat always seems to help relieve the winter blues! Once again, Pinterest is your best friend and a baker’s dream when it comes to finding an abundance of scrumptious recipes.

7) Visit the Humane Society

Hanging out with the cuties at the Humane Society is one of my favorite weeknight activities. It’s almost impossible to leave without a smile on your face after watching all the adorable creatures. Plus who knows, you might end up leaving with your new best friend!

8) Laser Tag

Warm up and get those competitive juices flowin’. Sure, it might be you vs a bunch of screaming kiddos, but no one can deny laser tag is the bee’s knees. 

9) Snowshoeing, Skiing, Snowboarding

Test your skills and hit the slopes this winter! If you’re looking for something a little less fast-paced try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. And hey, if you find yourself failing miserably there’s always the chalet with a fully-stocked bar.

10) Museums and Aquariums

Last but not least, put on your smarty-pants and visit a museum or aquarium!