This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Picture yourself standing under the Eiffel tower for the first time with a whole new group of people. One of these people could be your new best friend, your new roommate, or possibly your new husband or wife! There are endless amounts of possibilities that you begin to encounter, once you study abroad with a whole new group of people. Have you ever met a person that did not enjoy studying abroad? Well I hope that answer is no because studying abroad changed everything I thought I knew before I went. I feel freer to do anything that I want, thanks to being abroad.

I was not a first choice for the trip but I ended up still being able to attend with an amazing group of students; truly inspiring.  

Lastly, I got to experience more then just the view, I got to experience tough life lessons, and relationships that I would never want to change. I also learned in addition to how the trip made me feel, to never over pack because you will end up leaving stuff behind.

The thing is, the trip was more then just an opportunity of a lifetime…it was my dream coming true. I have always been obsessed with Paris. Its mention in my favorite movies including Titanic and The Devil Wears Prada always made me excited; but besides hearing about it all the time I always dreamed of going abroad. I was so lucky to be apart of the percent of college kids that actually gets to have the opportunity to study abroad and especially to my first choice. I think it is true when people say after college if they do not study abroad, that they regret not going.  I understand some of us cannot go because of certain circumstances, but my advice is if you can, you should, everything does fall into place in the end.

Hi I’m Jess and basically there’s always something up with me. I currently reside in a cozy apartment in the city called Milwaukee, Wisconsin; where I either spend most of my time making collage messes while binging a new show or taking a bubble bath while stuffing my face with food in one hand, and trying to read in the other. I’m a photographer, blogger and adventurer. I am inspired by my midwest roots and free spirited dreamer attitude that makes me who I am today. I like to live in these moments and create and live freely through this amazing thing called life. I’m driven to share and write about basically anything in my life because it’s truly remarkable how small the world actually is.