Neon, Bralettes & Metalics OH MY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

School is steadily coming to an end and we will all be starting our summer journey. Summer is always filled with lot’s of adventurous activities and for those who are staying in the Milwaukee area you can look forward to the start of Summerfest in June. Summerfest is a fun and exciting way to hear some of your favorite bands and flaunt the latest summer trends. Here are some of the trends you can look forward to this summer and incorporate in your summer wardrobe!

Vivid Color

Summer is full of bold bright colors and adding these colors to your summer fashion can really make you or any outfit pop! Adding bold colors to your outfit allows you to show off your bold and vibrant personality. You can really personalize bold colors to your personality by choosing to have your accessories be bold and colorful statement pieces or by the garment pieces you choose being the bright vibrant colors.  It’s really all up to you how bold you want your outfit to be!

Bralettes

One clothing piece that has become super popular and trendy are bralettes. Bralettes are not only super cute but are super comfortable! They come in many styles and textures which are super fun to play with in any outfit. Ones that have different style straps that criss-cross in the back are fun to wear with a plunging back line. If you’re anything like me and have those lazy days they are super easy to put on and look cute without even trying!

Metalics

Gleam, glow, and shine with a little bit of metallics added to your summer fashion. Personally, I love metallics. Gold, rose gold, and silver are such beautiful colors to add to any outfit. Whether the metallics are in your accessories, makeup, or actual clothing they make any outfit super cute and trendy. You can also easily mix and match them together in any outfit. Another trend with metallics that I’m sure will be back for concerts such as Summerfest are metallic tattoos. You can usually find these little gems at retailers such as Target or Walmart for a fair price.

Summer is a time to be bold and show off your inner fashionista. When going to fun and exciting things, like Summerfest, keep these hot trends in the back your mind to help guide your fashion choices. Don’t shy away from bold colors, let your personality gleam, glow, and shine through them!

Ashley is a Senior at the University Wisconsin Milwuakee where she is majoring in Human Rescource Management. She is currently the President for the University of Wisconsin Milwaukees HerCampus chapter. Outside of HerCampus Ashley is PR Manager and brand ambassador for Love Your Melon! She enjoys all the fun volunteering oppurtunities with the kiddos and within her community that Love Your Melon has to offer. During her free time you can find her passing time watching Netflix or diving into a good book.