This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

For some of you fortunate college students, you may be graduating this winter or spring and you may be feeling that rush of bittersweet emotions you got when you graduated high school. Except this time they’re amplified by 100x and you might think your whole life is on the line. I can’t really say I’ve figured it out totally myself, since I won’t be graduating until May, but it’s definitely on my mind.

One thing that you might be stressing about is where you want to end up after college. Do you want to move to a brand new city? Do you want to move back home? Which kind of company do you want to work for? Here are some tips to ease your mind and help you figure out what you might actually want to do.

1. Spend your spring/winter break touring a city you might be potentially interested working in.
  2. Visit some student orgs that have guest speakers from different companies
  3. Ask companies if you can go on office tours!
  4. Reach out to connections on LinkedIn to ask them about their careers
  5. Don’t be afraid to take a chance and be bold!

Long story short, do your research, listen to yourself and always take that leap of faith!

I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee studying marketing and international business. I spend most of my time traveling, writing, interning and hanging out with the most inspiring people.