This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

If you’re like me, you’ve got a constant itch to travel. It’s this desire to pick up everything and leave. It’s this never-ending daydream of what your life would be like if you were on a plane headed towards an adventure rather then on a bus headed to your 11am lecture. With time and money being the two biggest factors pulling us back from traveling, I’ve got a solution for you. Here is your guide to cure wanderlust: 

Take a Day Trip

Living in Milwaukee has many perks being that it is surrounded by places that are worth driving out to and exploring. With Chicago being 2 hours south, Door Country being 3 hours north and various towns in-between, cure your wanderlust by going out on an adventure on a Saturday or Sunday. If you’re hungry for travel and need a break from staring at your laptop trying to study, plan a trip that tears you away from your hectic life and gives you a chance to make your adventurous soul happy. 

Explore Milwaukee’s Diverse Beauty  

Do you know how many cultures and backgrounds are in the Milwaukee area? TONS. This is one of the most diverse cities in the country and a door to a new cultural experience is practically in our backyard. Visit Milwaukee’s southside neighborhood if you’re craving that Latin adventure. South American and Mexico may seem far away, but Milwaukee’s southside is filled with authentic Latin restaurants that will make you forget your in Wisconsin. Want something a little bigger? Wait a few months and attend one of Milwaukee’s many cultural festivals this summer. Germanfest will make you feel like you’re sitting in Munich’s famous beer garden. Cure that travel bug without even leaving Milwaukee

Splurge a Little

You work hard. You go to class, you go to work, you try and keep up with social plans. You’re tired. No one said you need a reason to travel. You can because you want to! Even if you do want a reason, remind yourself how much a simple trip would re-boost your energy. With spring break being right around the corner, plan a getaway for yourself or with friends. Drive to Nashville and bring your dancing shoes. Fly to New Orleans and bring your appetite. Fly to San Diego and bring your shades. The best way to cure wanderlust sometimes is to simply bite your tongue and just travel. Trust me, you’re going to look back on it and thank yourself. 

Just a 22-year-old Wisconsin college student with a whole lot of Minnesota pride. You can catch me serving coffee, watching netflix and exploring as many new places as I can.