jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Don’t Worry Be Happy Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

Happiness is a hard concept to grasp for many people in life, trust me when I say that. The best part about being happy in life is knowing that you can change any outlook on life, only if you want to! It can sometimes be very challenging especially when times are rough, but if you just take the time to read a couple of outlooks on life that I have realized that have helped me get through anything and focus on the good.

It’s Not All About The Money, Money, Money

“Money cannot buy happiness”. We may think at times buying nice things, or receiving a yearly raise is great and all, but just remember; it is in yourself to truly know your value.

Be a Goal Digger

Setting goals are extremely important, and I am not talking about weekly goals, like trying to run at least three miles a day. I am talking about life goals. Like taking the time to realize the potential you have to change your life for the better.

Love Yourself

Remember everybody has flaws, imperfections, and assets. As humans, we aren’t programmed to be “perfect”. We are here to grow and learn about what else life has to offer.

Just remember to believe in yourself that you can be fully happy, by feeling so blessed in the timeless moments. Those are the times that will make you forget about the stress that will surround you. In order to be happy one must truly believe in them. It can be hard to believe sometimes because not every day has a cherry on top, but those moments can be faced with your happy state. Just know that you can truly face happiness if you let yourself, just know who you are and you always will keep trying to better situations.

Hi I’m Jess and basically there’s always something up with me. I currently reside in a cozy apartment in the city called Milwaukee, Wisconsin; where I either spend most of my time making collage messes while binging a new show or taking a bubble bath while stuffing my face with food in one hand, and trying to read in the other. I’m a photographer, blogger and adventurer. I am inspired by my midwest roots and free spirited dreamer attitude that makes me who I am today. I like to live in these moments and create and live freely through this amazing thing called life. I’m driven to share and write about basically anything in my life because it’s truly remarkable how small the world actually is.