Does the Law of Attraction Really Work?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWM chapter.

If you’ve ever heard someone tell you to think positively or think of the bright side you may have wanted to simply tell them to shut up and let you have your pity party for a few minutes. But they might have actually been on to something. It has been claimed that the universe has many different laws, one being the law of attraction. This is the concept that whatever you put out into the world, you will always receive. For example, if you are constantly negative and talking poorly about people, people will constantly be negative towards you and talking poorly about you. But on the flip side, if you’re a kind person who thinks the world is full of opportunities, you will eventually be given an abundance of opportunities.

Now this goes into some pretty deep stuff and scientists and philosophers have been studying this for MANY years. But many people don’t know about the true power of positivity. Yes, those corny inspirational posters your teacher put up in her classroom all throughout school did have a purpose- a purpose to train your brain to think in the most successful way.

If you’re like me, then you might have some doubts about this initially. Isn’t thinking positively just tricking your brain into thinking things are okay even if they’re not? In a sense, yes. But by thinking positively and intuitively, you are also raising your vibration and becoming a higher level of yourself. You know, issa vibe?? Dr. Anker Mueller made the connection between Schumann’s resonance and the alpha rhythm of brainwaves. The frequency found in the environment was almost identical to the frequency found in our brains. The whole universe is vibing! And we all need to get on board.

So what can this law of attraction do for you? Well, a lot of things. You want really good grades? Start telling yourself you’re a really good student, start believing it, start practicing it and BOOM all the sudden you might be top of your class without realizing you’re doing it.

I mean we’re really talking about quantum mechanics here. Matter and light do not exist until something happens to make them ‘real’ and if you’re not aware of something it does not exist. So become aware of things and make them real in your life! You can really manifest anything into your life. All you have to do is start with a grateful mindset and some positive thoughts.

I'm a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee studying marketing and international business. I spend most of my time traveling, writing, interning and hanging out with the most inspiring people.
Tori is a senior at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee where she is majoring in Marketing and Supply Chain Management with an minor in International Business. In her free time, Tori loves searching for the cheapest way to travel the world, drinking obscene amounts of coffee and read up on all the new fashion trends. Not to mention her love for Pinterest and attempting new DIY projects. Do you need travel inspo? Or maybe restaurant recommendations? Follow her on Instagram, @tori.sweeney !